Lead Application Developer - DevOps (Java)
Posted on: December 2, 2018
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
The Lead Software Engineer will work in a team of front-end engineers to create responsive, scalable and robust SmartCompliance web applications. We are using the AngularJS framework and calling Java-based API backend RESTful Webservices. We are moving from a traditional tightly coupled three tier architecture using Java Spring MVC framework to a de-coupled Angular based front end MVC architecture with Java API backend services. This is the perfect time for an enthusiastic engineer to add your knowledge of API's, RESTful interfaces, SPA based and responsive design to the team so that we can deliver a superior user experience to ADP SmartCompliance users!
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Join a team of talented software engineers, plan, execute and deliver top quality software deliverables on-time.
- Act as a primary, dedicated technology interface owning the technical responsibility for architecture, analysis, design, development, and implementation of responsive user interface.
- Work closely with product to define and implement and improve user experience.
- Overall, you will be responsible for day-to-day task management and sprint planning, working closely with product and stakeholders, participating in design sessions, leading and mentoring engineers to ensure that they follow best practices and guidelines, performing heads-down development, working on technical integrations with backend APIs, and working with QA to assure top quality deliverables on-time.
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent degree is required.
- Minimum 7+ years of software engineering experience plus 3+ years front end engineering experience.
- Experience in front end MVC application architecture.
- Experience working with product management, architects and stakeholders
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in leading software engineers (hands on)
- Experience in front end MVC framework such as AngularJS. Experience in creating re-usuable UI components
- Experience in full software life-cycle (SDLC) -- develop/test/build/deploy/etc.
- Experience in unit testing and integration testing using Karma and Jasmine, or equivalents.
- Experience with responsive design and SPA (Single Page Application) development
- Experience with Version Control ie: Git, SubVersion, etc. Experience of Agile methodologies
- Experience of RESTful APIs and Webservices -- define and drive the requirements
- Experience delivering scalable and robust web applications for large customer base
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability as a problem-solver
- Working knowledge in security and performance
- Working knowledge in CI (continuous integration)
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processors ie: LESS, SASS
Related Searches: Engineer Analyst Architect Data Scientist Application Developer Design Implementation Chief Principal Enterprise Specialist Infrastructure Research Development R&D Tech Associate Service Solutions Business Intelligence BI System Analyst Disaster Recovery Change Control IT Operations Information Performance Product Production QA Quality Assurance Release Service Statutory UX UI User Experience Interface Researcher Designer Service Project Software Test Program Programmer I&O
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by Forbes-- as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Keywords: ADP, Pasadena , Lead Application Developer - DevOps (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!