Lead Application Developer - DevOps (Java)
Posted on: January 10, 2019
ADP: Unlock Your Career Potential:
Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
ADP strives for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Summary of Position:
As a Lead Java Developer -- DevOps at ADP, we are looking for someone who's had real world experience in solving business problems. We're interested in learning your experience on Developing fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions using the latest cutting edge technology and platforms. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. This position requires hands on coding & strong development experience. You will be part of agile environment working with a team of talented engineers, product owners & other stakeholders continually developing, deploying and testing application software.
What will you do?
The Lead Application Developer -- DevOps is directly responsible for timely testing and certification of company products. The primary responsibilities include the following:
- Aspire to lead and grow into leadership positon within DevOps organization by leading development efforts in various areas of CI/CD, database as code, infrastructure as code, and integration of software build testing into every software build and release
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- The ideal candidate has an aptitude to deliver high quality products by implementing the technical architecture that is laid out for the product by using modern technologies to develop the software.
- This role is a hands-on development role and will provide an opportunity to work with modern technical stack.
- The Senior Developer will work in a very collaborative and open environment, and will closely work with developers, architects, management and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Proficiency with Oracle 11g/12c.
- Proficiency in designing (includes documentation), developing, testing and implementing Java applications on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, and reliability, at varying levels of complexity.
- Proficiency in resolving technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Proficiency in system analysis and design in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Provides accurate estimate of time needed to complete work.
- Proficiency in working with high performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.
- Proficiency in independent delivery of major projects in a cross-matrixed, multi-cultural environment in a lead technical role.
- Experience with large scale systems involving reporting, transactional systems and integration with other enterprise systems.
- Proficiency in Agile Scrum Methodology.
How You Will Stand Out:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills -- ability to understand complex situations, develop and implement a logical approach to a problem solution.
- Attention to Detail -- ability to ensure the work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Communication --ability to understand requirements documentation, functional specifications, high level design documentation and system documentation. Able to solidly incorporate this information, along with project business objectives, into appropriate development strategies and plans.
- Influential Skill -- ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions, through logical argument, appeal to others' interests, and a variety of other indirect strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE-- Magazine. Recognized by Forbes-- as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions worldwide.
- Object Oriented Design & Programming using Java/JEE
- Experience with backend Restful services, CI/CD build integration and deployments, system/infrastructure configuration as code, database as code, integration with test automation frameworks, and optimizing software performance and reliability
- Strong programming skills in high performance computing with multi-threading in Java and application servers like Tomcat, WebSphere, DJVMs.
- Proficiency with development using SOA, Event Driven framework, Spring framework.
- Proficiency with developing event APIs and web service development (REST & SOAP).
Related Searches: DevOps Engineer Architect Application Developer Design Java Developer Implementation Chief Principal Enterprise Specialist Infrastructure Research Development R&D Tech Associate Service Solutions Disaster Recovery Change Control IT Operations Information Performance Product Production QA Quality Assurance Release Service Statutory UX UI User Experience Interface Researcher Designer Service Project Software Test Program Programmer I&O
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by Forbes-- as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Keywords: ADP, Pasadena , Lead Application Developer - DevOps (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!