SQL Database Engineer
Company: TechDigital Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Position: SQL Database EngineerType: ContractLocation: Pasadena, CAResponsibilities
- Design strategies for database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming, and security.
- Definition and governance of all structured and unstructured physical data models, data entities, supporting artifacts and metadata repositories.
- Develops physical modeling standards and strategies.
- Executes design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with stakeholders.
- Creates and manages physical models to support Enterprise Data Warehouse domains that include Operational Data Stores, Staging, Integrated EDW, Data Mart, Business, Reference/Master Data and Extract Transform Load (ETL) environments.
- Ensures physical database features and capabilities are incorporated into data model designs to optimize performance.
- Designs deliverables that are defined with appropriate database platform and security context.
- Design and manage models using various Data Modeling tools.
- Maintains optimal Enterprise Architecture alignment with Solution Architecture, Technical Leads, Business Analysis, Infrastructure, and PMO roles.
- Design, Implementation, and maintenance of database solutions, management of data access, and resolving database performance and capacity issues.
- Develop, implement, administrate, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of our databases.
- Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high-level critical production issues that require immediate attention.
- Design and code a high volume of SQL Queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
- Implement processes and procedures for the development and release of products/projects that facilitate high quality and rapid deployment
- Provide technical documentation as needed
- Monitor and perform performance tuning on stored procedures and ETL jobs
- Monitor and analyze SQL Server production metrics
- Support complex service impacting issues with little to no supervision
- Participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
- Troubleshooting and resolving data issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server including the writing of complex stored procedures, functions and SSIS packages as well as basic knowledge of database administration
- Strong understanding and experience of database development methodologies (Agile and Scrum)
- Expert level knowledge of SQL administration, engineering, and monitoring tools
- Demonstrated expertise in performance tuning including both query and server optimization
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, relational database design, optimization for performance, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS packages
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing and developing solutions
- Advanced knowledge of relational database design, testing, and implementation
- Advanced communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units
- Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
- Extensive SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2012/2016
- Experience with SSIS
- Financial technology domain knowledge would be a plus
- Computer Science Degree Highly DesiredIf you are interested, reach me @ or call me @ Thanks,Udhaya. - provided by Dice SQL Database Engineer
Keywords: TechDigital Corporation, Pasadena , SQL Database Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!