Senior Database Administrator
Company: Green Dot Corporation
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Summary Green Dot's Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment. Reporting to the Manager of Database Administration, the Senior / Lead DBA will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Microsoft SQL Server systems (SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012/2016). As a lead within the Technology Operations Production DBA team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients and team members to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.The Senior / Lead Database Administrator will work with all of the IT development teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the databases that supports the company's IT data integrations initiatives. This candidate should be able to lead projects from inception to completion with little or no support. Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of all Green Dot databases.
- Work to ensure that the proper hardware resources are allocated to the databases, and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving SQL development issues.
- Responsible for assisting developers to optimize, tune and enhance database queries
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of all databases, to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing database architectural changes to make database infrastructure highly scalable and optimized
- Green Dot operates a 24x7 card processing environment. On-call / off-hours deployments and support will be required.
- To take on technical leadership responsibilities of database projects across various teams in the organization
- Responsible for mentoring developers on data modeling best practices and enabling them to come up with a optimized data model Requirements
- Good to have Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of in-depth SQL Server Database Administration experience
- Extensive experience managing multiple MS SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 servers on enterprise-class servers clusters running Windows 2003/2008/2012
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Experience in leading and mentoring team members
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience with T-SQL, OLAP, DTS, SSIS and stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing internal and external Microsoft SQL Server database security
- Strong knowledge of Multi-Instance implementations and methodologies.
- Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, Change Data Capture and Database Mirroring
- Knowledge of SQL Service Broker
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture
- Experience on working with SQL Server in Amazon and/or Azure Cloud platform is definitely a plus
- Must have working knowledge of mysql database
- Good to have knowledge of NoSQL databasesGreen Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financial technology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobile technology and mobile banking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distribution network of more than 100,000 U.S. retail locations and neighborhood financial service center locations, online, in the leading app stores and through 25,000 tax preparation offices and leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China. Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability , protected veteran status, or any category protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No fee of any kind will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to this career site or directly to any of our employees. Such resume shall be deemed the sole property of Green Dot Corporation. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with us and have been directed by our designated HR personnel to recruit for a particular position may submit resumes to such designated HR personnel or as otherwise directed by such personnel. - provided by Dice Database Administration, DBA, DB Admin, SQL, SQL Server, T-SQL, OLAP, MySQL NoSQL,
Keywords: Green Dot Corporation, Pasadena , Senior Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!