Senior Developer (COBOL)
Posted on: February 13, 2019
ADP is hiring an Senior Application Developer with[GK(1] demonstrated experience in software development.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO 55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As a Senior Application Developer, you'll develop, maintain and enhance business applications across products and platforms.
THINGS YOU'LL DO: Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and enhance business applications across products and platforms
- Provide timely, specialized technical and/or business knowledge to projects and Service Requests.
- Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a Resource manager or lead developer collaborate with internal/external clients and project team members to identify user requirements, assess design options, recommend solution options, and execute recommendations.
- Facilitate internal training and knowledge transfer on applications as requested by management.
- Analyze and recommend system / procedural improvements to increase user productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to be an Innovative thinker, and thinking outside the 'Box'.
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED: Required Qualifications
- 5 years mainframe COBOL experience
- Proficient in multiple data environments including DB2
- Strong knowledge of mainframe teleprocessing environments such as CICS Command Level
- Experience with Mainframe CICS REST Web Service a plus.
- 5 years analytical experience
- Experience with MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL, relational databases
- Strong Experience in Banking ACH/Wire/IAT Transaction processing,
- Proficient in SPUFI, QMF, ISPF Dialogue Managers, ISPF Edit Macros, DB2 COBOL, SQL, CICS, CLISTs, REXX, IBM utilities, DYL280, INSYNCH and INSYNCH UTILITY functions, ASG VIASOFT a plus, XML SPY a plus, IBM ILOG a plus
- Experience with XML and Electronic Filing a plus
- High proficiency in ChangeMan Source Control
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Oncall application production support experience
- Must be available to work in a 24x7 on-call environment
- Proficient with AGILE and SCRUM methodology and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Mainframe JSON a plus
- Experience with OPEN SYSTEMS JAVA a plus
Experience in test automation a plus
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT: Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong application debugging skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work closely with other team's members to achieve project goals
- Results and Goal oriented
**Items in red are optional
GLOSSARY OF PERSONA LANGUAGE: Options
- Idea catalyst. Out-of-the-box thinker. Turns problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into results.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Self-Starter. High-reaching and unstoppable. A cant-stop-won't-stop attitude and an urge to persevere until you get it right.
- Inquisitive by nature. Compelled to learn as much about industry best practices as possible, and incorporates them into a strategic content approach while building a clear path to execution.
- Hacker's spirit. Tinkers and deciphers to unravel and interpret the inner workings of the system.
- Technical whiz. Intrigued by the ever-evolving world of technology.
- Game changer. Out-of-the-box thinker who transforms problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into result.
- Solution seeker. Problem solver and life saver who always can find the right answer.
- Statistically-informed. Has a toolbox full of algorithms to turn data into information.
- Insightful strategist. Transforms ideas into action and plans into results.
- Proactive planner. Always a few steps ahead. Anticipates needs and comes prepared.
- Process-oriented. Follows the path to success, step-by-step.
- Critical thinker. Problem solver who can find a solution for anything using strategy as a compass.
- Initiator. Makes it happen.
- Trusted Advisor. A passion for quality and excellence. Lives integrity and delivers on promises... every time.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
[GK(1]SEO first 180 characters: Include Job title and mention important key words or qualifications for the candidate. This is what job boards will pick up.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability as a problem-solver
- Working knowledge in security and performance
- Working knowledge in CI (continuous integration)
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processors ie: LESS, SASS
Related Searches: Engineer Analyst Architect Data Scientist Application Developer Design Implementation Chief Principal Enterprise Specialist Infrastructure Research Development R&D Tech Associate Service Solutions Business Intelligence BI System Analyst Disaster Recovery Change Control IT Operations Information Performance Product Production QA Quality Assurance Release Service Statutory UX UI User Experience Interface Researcher Designer Service Project Software Test Program Programmer I&O
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by Forbes-- as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Keywords: ADP, Pasadena , Senior Developer (COBOL), IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!