Company: Western Asset Management Company
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Coaching focused on team empowerment
As an Agile Coach within the Agile Office you will help define and craft an agile processes and best practices charter that can be scaled throughout the enterprise; establish thought leadership as a way to increase the organization s maturity level and thus its ability to adopt agile; challenge the status quo and ensure that old habits don t impede progress towards further agility; help build self-organized, collaborative and highly productive teams; be open, transparent, and available so that team members can reach out to have issues resolved and get the proper support in implementing agile.
What you will do
* Coach and mentor cross-functional teams on agile values, principles, methods and practices.
* Perform periodic assessments of the current state and provide transformative recommendations to improve the adoption of agile and adherence to best practices.
* Engage with IT Leadership to review key impediments and propose solutions to common issues and challenges.
* Build a short-term and long-term transformation plan based on feedback received from the teams, management and other key stakeholders.
* Promote consistency across teams by standardizing on tools and templates, and tailoring them according to need.
* Help grow membership and participation in the agile Community of Practice, and ensure teams have a permanent forum to ask questions, raise concerns and share experiences.
Help our agile teams achieve the next level of transformation
Your key skill lies in coaching and mentoring teams towards higher efficiency and delivering maximum value to the organization. Therefore, as a member of the Agile Office you will lead the effort of establishing and evangelizing agile values and principles throughout the firm. You will be one of the elite group of visionaries that spearheads the transformation effort, and coaches and directs teams towards higher productivity and performance. Ready to deal with a diverse group of technologists and business stakeholders, you ll be energetic, well versed, resourceful and, above all, an agent for continuous improvement.
What you will bring
* Agile Coach certification or equivalent experience.
* 8+ years of experience in driving the adoption of and achieving successful Agile and DevOps practices across organizations, preferably being involved from the early stages of transformation.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Technical Agile Coach role.
* Deep understanding of Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban methodologies.
* Experience with developing, tracking and presenting key relevant metrics such as Team Velocity, Burn-up and Burn-downs, Cycle Time, Lead Time, Throughput, Cumulative Flow, and so on.
* Ability to mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and all members of cross-functional agile teams.
* Strong facilitation skills with the ability to understand organizational challenges, and willingness to work with leadership to resolve key impediments.
About Western Asset
At Western Asset we re saying hello to the future. Committed to being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the world, we re investing in new technologies, methodologies and markets. We re also investing in our people. Our business is guided by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow. We re building on our reputation and resources with an entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) Western Asset Management is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy and related conditions), physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, and/or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement : https://westernasset.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=74377&hashed=626017433
Pay Transparency Notice : https://westernasset.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=74378&hashed=685238170
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster : https://westernasset.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=74379&hashed=744458907
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster Supplement : https://westernasset.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=74380&hashed=2047315121
Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act : https://westernasset.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=74381&hashed=2106535858
Keywords: Western Asset Management Company, Pasadena , Agile Coach, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!