Company: Adams & Martin Group
Posted on: April 9, 2021
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe major responsibilities of this position
are listed below.Prepares, finalizes and processes complex legal
documents including responsive pleadings, motions, briefs and
discovery; prepares, records and/or transcribes complex and
confidential reports, minutes, ordinances, resolutions,
proclamations, contracts, correspondence, memoranda, reports and
other legal documents and materials.
- Composes letters from notes or brief instructions; proofreads
and corrects documents and pleadings for accuracy, grammar and
appearance; may perform simple legal research.
- Schedules and maintains calendars for assigned attorneys,
including computing/calendaring case deadlines, calendaring court
appearances, scheduling and coordinating depositions and
- Electronically files pleadings and other court forms through
automated federal and state court systems; prepares copies for
attorneys and judges.
- Creates and maintains complex and confidential filing systems;
opens and closes case files in case management system; prints,
scans and/or archives documents, emails and records.
- Requests/subpoenas records, files, and other data; tracks legal
service to other attorneys as
- Self-Management - Showing personal organization,
self-discipline, and dependability.
- Attention to Detail - Focusing on the details of work content,
work steps, and final work products.
- Oral Communication - Engaging effectively in dialogue.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing.
- Action & Results Focus -Initiating tasks and focusing on
- Critical Thinking -Analytically and logically evaluating
information, propositions, and claims.
- Handling Stress - Maintaining emotional stability and
self-control under pressure, challenge, or adversity. EDUCATION AND
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in
a law office in an administrative or clerical role providing legal
- Experience in civil defense litigation is highly
- Type net 50 words per minute with 95% accuracy.We are an equal
opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit.
Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without
regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, disability, or any other protected classification.
We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws,
including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Keywords: Adams & Martin Group, Pasadena , legal assistant, Legal , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!