Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer
Posted on: December 5, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking
an Experienced Satellite Flight System Engineer (Level 3) to
develop flight systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude
Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data
Handling Subsystem (C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and
Operations (MSEO). This position will focus on developing
requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis,
systems integration, test and design validation, verification, and
writing satellite operating procedure and support satellite
operations. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.**This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic
relocation is available for internal candidates.**Primary
- Develops optimal satellite/subsystem designs, performs
requirements definition and flowdown, creates operational concepts
and products, develops interface requirements, and performs
verification and validation.
- Resolves technical issues and ensures the spacecraft and system
are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure
mission success and presents those findings to customer and senior
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.This
position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance,
for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with design, development, test, or operation of
--Aerospace Vehicles or subsystems/units.
- Experience with Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering.
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with C/C++.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.Typical
Education & Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically --5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD with related work experience, Master+3
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing
--is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Pasadena , Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!