Experienced Power Systems Engineer
Posted on: February 12, 2020
The In-Space Vehicles Shared Integrated Product Team (IPT),
based in El Segundo -CA, oversees the design, development,
manufacture, integration and testing of satellites. As part of
Boeing's Space and Missiles Division, Satellite Systems manages the
company's major commercial and government satellite and ground
programs for communications, national defense and other
missions.The successful Experienced Power Systems Engineer(Level 4)
-will work satellite power subsystem non-recurring and
recurring/sustaining efforts and activities including systems
engineering of power system elements and capabilities.This position
offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation
is available for internal candidates, based on candidate
- Provide technical leadership and project management regarding
power systems analyses including optimal power management during
sunlight and eclipse conditions.
- Provide engaging leadership that fosters a culture of timely
communication of potential issues and help needed to Program
Management and Engineering Capabilities Management to quickly
resolve issues and threats to performance.
- Drive timely closure of technical issues and anomalies to meet
- Responsible for program management, earned-value reporting and
cost account management of power systems activities and analyzing
and approving power system test data and address power system
anomalies at unit-level, subsystem, and system levels from ground
test through on-orbit operations.
- Interface with program customers, suppliers, and other
- Mentor junior engineers in terms of technical knowledge,
project management and stakeholder relationship building. -
- Perform power system analyses and trade studies to determine
optimal power system architecture.
- Ensure EPS designs comply with program requirements.
- Chair key design reviews and lead critical
Root-Cause/Corrective Action investigation teams.
- Convene and chair Independent Review Teams (IRT's).
- Evaluate and champion new technology and methods.
- Experienced in project management to deliver affordable product
cost that meets technical performance within aggressive schedule
constraints. Responsibilities include Earned Value Management
System (EVMS) and Cost Accounting Management (CAM) metrics and
responsibilities..Boeing -is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Boeing is the world's largest
aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes
and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and
technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and
dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself,
for our customers and for the world.This position requires the
ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US
Government requires US Citizenship.Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or physics is required.
- Experience with electrical power systems.Preferred (Desired)
- 3+ years of experience with the design and test of space-based
electrical power systems.
- Experience performing trade studies, modeling, simulation and
other forms of analysis to predict space-based power system
- Experience in Program Management including cost, schedule and
- Experience or education in analog and/or digital circuit design
for power systems.
- Experience do you have conducting verification, test, and/or
- Engineering experience involving system requirements,
functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design,
analysis and evaluation, verification, or operations of
space/ground systems.Typical Education & ExperienceDegree and
typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9
or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years'
experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor,
Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
Keywords: Boeing, Pasadena , Experienced Power Systems Engineer, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!