Cabin Systems (Level 3)
Posted on: February 13, 2020
During the last 100 years, humans went from walking on Earth to
walking on the moon. With each decade, aviation technology crossed
another frontier and the world was changed. From the depths of the
ocean, to Mars and beyond, Boeing is inspiring the next century of
explorers. Our engineers work on cutting-edge aerospace technology.
We are a team of fast-paced and eager engineers; skilled scientists
and thinkers; bold innovators willing to push boundaries. Join us,
and be part of the team that will change the future of aerospace as
we now know it.Boeing Global Services (BGS) is currently seeking
Level 3 Cabin Systems Engineers to become part of the Engineering
Maintenance and Modifications team in Long Beach, California. Cabin
Systems Engineers works with customers to develop and document
electronic and electrical system requirements. They analyze and
translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and
software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates
to ensure system designs meet operational and functional
requirements on a wide variety of commercial aircrafts - everything
from McDonald Douglas MD series airplanes to the latest Boeing 777X
aircraft.Come be part of a diverse multi-disciplined team of
Engineers, operating in an agile environment, using the latest
tools and methodologies. Develop your technical acumen as well as
your leadership skills at a company with huge potential for
long-term career growth. At Boeing, we are all innovators on a
mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.Position
- Works with customers and suppliers to develop and document
complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and
software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates hardware/software to ensure system designs
meet operational and functional requirements.
- Perform lab integration testing as required.
- Participate in airplane ground and flight tests as
- Provide in-service technical support and troubleshooting to
airlines and modification sites.
- Review supplier technical data to ensure system integration and
compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems and provides support of hardware and software
over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches innovative technologies for potential application to
company business needs.
- Position requires close coordination and teaming with other
internal and external Engineering teams.Required Education, Skills
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3
or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor,
Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
- 5+ Years Experience in EngineeringPreferred Skills /
QualificationsWe work with a diverse set of technologies, but most
of all we value engineers who are eager to learn new ways to
deliver value to our customers.
- Analytical Skills (Technical)
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and
analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and
recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Certification & Qualification
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and
qualification processes and procedures (e.g. DO-160 and D6
requirements), including knowledge of governing regulations and
compliance requirements. Ability to assess and document test or
analysis data to show compliance.
- Circuit Design
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and packaging
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to
electrical/electronic design (e.g., wire harness design, grounding
and shielding design techniques, lightning protection).
- Hardware/Software Development
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., C#, Java, Java 2
Enterprise and Mobile Editions (J2EE, J2ME), C++, Visual Basic, C,
Assembly, Ladder Logic, Numerical Control (NC) Programming,
- Knowledge of communications, networking, and protocols (e.g.,
Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), File
Transfer Protocol (FTP), Extensible Mark-up Language (XML),
Wireless Access Protocol (WAP)).
- Knowledge of computing equipment and its operating systems
(e.g., Windows, Unix, Linux). Knowledge of software development and
testing tools (e.g., editors, compilers, linkers, desktop
simulations, configuration management tools, requirements
management tools) capability and usage.
- Ability to integrate hardware and software components into a
- Knowledge of software testing and usability theory.
- Knowledge of testing, usability practices.
- Ability to write and execute test scripts and perform usability
- Knowledge and understanding of Connectivity and In-flight
Entertainment (IFE) systems for commercial airplanes.Relocation
- This position offers relocation based on candidate
- Occasional travel (25%) may be required in support of the
program and customer.Export Control:
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a ------US Person------ as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15
is required. ------US Person------ includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asyleeDrug Free Workplace:
- Boeing --is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants
and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine,
opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.All information provided will be checked
and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before
the end date.
Keywords: Boeing, Pasadena , Cabin Systems (Level 3), Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!