Patient Care Coordinator
Company: Huntington Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2020
When you join Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, CA, you are
aligning yourself with an organization whose values drive our
philosophy of care. Our focus on delivering quality, service, and
cutting edge care, enables Huntington Hospital to be an
organization committed to patient outcomes-not the bottom line.
More importantly, it empowers you to enact change and deliver the
results that continuously improve our ability to provide our
community with care.
HUNTINGTON HEALTH PHYSICIANS (HHP) IS A PARTNER OF HUNTINGTON
HOSPITAL WITH 7 MEDICAL OFFICES IN THE GREATER PASADENA, CA AREA.
FOR OVER 20 YEARS, WE HAVE BEEN PROVIDING HIGH-QUALITY CARE AND
PATIENT-CENTERED SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITY IN OUT-PATIENT
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for all front office
duties associated with patient care.
* Demonstrate proficiency and follow established policies and
procedures in all applications (registration, chart tracking,
scheduling and front desk components) of the practice management
system and electronic health record system as it relates to job
* Collect applicable payments and maintain accurate accounting;
using front desk and cash drawer applications to generate receipts,
post all payments, balance cash drawer and secure all cash and
checks to business office at the end of each day
* Recognize financial obligation issues/system flags, and refer
patients to appropriate personnel for follow-up or notify
appropriate personnel for direct follow-up
* Maintain knowledge of contracted health plans and which providers
participate in each plan. Maintain knowledge of authorization
requirements and the referral process. Verify insurance eligibility
before patient is seen
* Pleasantly greet patients and manage all phases of the patient
encounter; follow sign-in procedure, verify and update all
* Answer phones and appropriately handle each request for
* Schedule appointments for office providers and off-site providers
(e.g., mammograms, scans, x-rays)
* Ensure all lab reports and x-ray reports are entered/scanned into
* Help to maintain an office environment consistent with HMF
policies and procedures
* Participate in professional development activities and maintain
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Formal training/certificate in Front office medical assisting
preferred; experience with EHR preferred.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
The Patient Care Coordinator performs front and back office
functions. They must be able to provide excellent customer service
to ensure the best overall patient experience. The Patient Care
Coordinator must possess strong interpersonal skills; excellent
verbal and written communication skills; problem solving and
decision-making skills to interact with patients, physicians,
office staff and managers. Intermediate knowledge of computer
systems, including EHR and general principles of medical record
documentation is required. Formal training/certificate in Front
office medical assisting preferred; experience with EHR
Huntington Hospital complies with applicable federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.
Huntington Hospital does not exclude people or treat them
differently because of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex.
Keywords: Huntington Hospital, Pasadena , Patient Care Coordinator, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!