America’s Premier Power Generation Company
... Creating Power for a Sustainable Future
At Calpine, we give you the tools you need to chart your own
career path in an engaging,fast-paced environment where you can
learn from power industry leaders.
Whether you are a student seeking an internship that offers
real-world experience,a recent graduate ready to build a rewarding
career or a seasoned professional who wants to expand your
horizons, Calpine provides meaningful opportunities and
Our learning and development platforms and educational
reimbursement programs enable employees with initiative to explore
their own potential in a dynamic and rewarding industry.
Requisition Number 20-0232
Title Turbine Engineer II
Job Family Power Operations
Employee Type Regular
Subject to DOT Regulations No
Percent of Travel Required 75
Relocation Provided Yes
Location Pasadena Fleet Solutions
Description Plans and implements outages on turbo machinery from
initial planning to final completion. Responsible for the repair of
gas and steam turbine components. Reviews operating status of the
units on a periodic basis and tracks component repairs from a
technical and financial standpoint.
Develops optimized outage work scopes to reduce the outage turn
times and implements throughout the Calpine Turbine fleet. Develops
and maintains specialty tools to reduce outage turn times. Assists
plants with developing spare parts inventory and recommendations
• Solid, working knowledge.
• Experienced professional with full understanding of job,
company and industry practices.
• Performs in fully-functioning capacity, equivalent to a
journey level contributor.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous
situations; makes recommendations regarding own turbine engineering
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues;
modifies existing tools, techniques or processes.
• Works on problems of moderate complexity.
• Uses independent judgment within defined policies and
practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and
• Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing
process or short-term project within own department.
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as
options, technical direction, instruction and reporting
Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in
• OEM steam turbine training. Gas turbine knowledge is a
• 5+ years’ experience in the field as an outage engineer.
• Millwright experience
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical
and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with
your request to email@example.com. Determination on
requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here .