Structural Engineer - Wastewater Systems
Posted on: October 18, 2020
--Structural Engineer - Wastewater Systems --- Pasadena, Ca--
Parsons is seeking a--Senior Structural--Engineer--with a technical
background in water/wastewater treatment process pre-design--and
design to join our established wastewater group in Pasadena,
California.----This position will be responsible for leading
projects through planning, design and construction phases and
interfacing with municipal clients and permitting agencies on water
and wastewater treatment plant upgrade and expansion projects while
providing task and project management support to senior level
managers.The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to work on
multiple challenging projects and demonstrate depth of technical
knowledge and leadership skills on various wastewater treatment
plant projects.Our team has served local water systems in
California --for over 40 years.-- We are respected by our clients
as an organization with strong technical expertise and solid
project delivery and performance.-- Parsons is working to transform
the industry through some of the most complex water and wastewater
projects in the world as well as some of the most cost effective
projects in the region. --We've built recycled wastewater treatment
plants with membrane bioreactor (MBR) technology, we've constructed
advanced ultraviolet (UV) disinfection facilities, and we've used
reverse osmosis (RO) processes to transform saline water into
millions of gallons of clean, drinkable water.Responsibilities:
- Lead design efforts on a range of water/wastewater
infrastructure projects, including preparation of planning studies,
field conditions assessments, preliminary design, final design, and
office and field services during construction, related to various
structures used--in those plants.
- Assist project managers on large, complex projects, including
- Bring creativity in predesign and design for value added
- Maintain communication and strong relationship with regulatory
agencies to support project permitting.
- Communicate and work directly with clients.
- Assist project managers in scoping and proposing on potential
projects and selling new work.Requirements:
- A 4-year degree from a credited institute in Structural
Engineering or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural
- 8+ years of experience in municipal water and wastewater
engineering, primarily focused on wastewater treatment
- Prefer--Structural Engineering License or Professional
Engineering License (PE) in Civil Engineering in the State of
California-- (or ability to obtain, when hired)
- Experience with REVIT is highly preferred or desirable.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead process/ project engineer
capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a
thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are
required.-- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current
technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering
software for use on project.
- Experience with Mathcad, SAP2000, SAFE, ETABS and Microsoft
- Demonstrated knowledge of structural design including
structural provisions in the California Building Code, the OSHA
regulations, and ACI 350.--
- Skilled in planning studies, conducting field condition
assessments, coordinating with utility owners, preparing
preliminary and final design, coordinating drawing preparation,
developing technical specifications, and performing engineering
support services during construction.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, both
written and oral._Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of
people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons
is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We
hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven
experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next
step and apply today.
Keywords: Parsons, Pasadena , Structural Engineer - Wastewater Systems, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!