ADC Associate - ADC Pasadena Bookstore (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Work under the direction of Retail Management to maintain the
efficient operation of a retail store, to achieve established goals
for sales, production, service, safety and expense control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent service, by engaging with each customer and
donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
2. Communicate our Mission and how we serve our communities.
3. Follow all safety rules and exercise caution in all work related
4. Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all social
distancing and personal protective equipment policies and
5. Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
6. Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
7. Sort, clean, process and price donated goods, following company
8. Merchandise and maintain the sales floor to meet standards and
9. Responsible for daily opening and closing procedures at an ADC
or Bookstore/Boutique, which may include cash control, locking and
securing the site at the end of the day.
10. Load and unload trucks.
11. Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs necessary janitorial work.
2. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
• Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
• Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
• Ability to work with a diverse team.
• Some retail and sales experience helpful.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide
reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal
and State Law
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Retail Pay Type Hourly Apply Now
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Pasadena , ADC Associate - ADC Pasadena Bookstore (PT), Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!