Data Analyst-Scientist - CPO
Posted on: June 4, 2021
- Business Performance Insights: Be the primary partner for
cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of KPI's.
When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive
meaningful, actionable insights that help improve business
performance or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Use advanced techniques (statistical
modeling, experimentation, causal inference) to analyze user
behavioral data to identify patterns and uncover opportunities.
Create a rich understanding of how people are interacting with the
business and content and use these insights to then make
- Opportunity Identification and Sizing: Both to set goals and
help evaluate potential opportunities, improve forecasting and
opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate
trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving
- Partnership and communication: Partner closely with business
stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other
teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling,
testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in SQL, R, Python or other big data querying and
- Hands on experience building models with deep learning
frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, or
- Hands-on experience with statistical modeling and machine
learning packages (scikit-learn, LightGBM, XGBoost, Keras, Pytorch,
Tensorflow, statsmodels, Stan, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the following Regression, Classification,
Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Clustering, NLP, Computer
Vision, Reinforcement Learning, and Multi-armed Bandits
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources (SQL, Spark, etc.)
and use data visualization packages (Seaborn, Matplotlib, ggplot,
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and
effective manner to a senior audience
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower,
passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics,
Engineering or related quantitative field or equivalent years of
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science
or a related field
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools
like Tableau, Power BI
- Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental
design and/or A/B testing
Keywords: Essendant, Pasadena , Data Analyst-Scientist - CPO, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!