Clinical Education Program Lead
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: June 4, 2021
If you are interested please apply online send your resume to
The Unit Based Clinical Educator is a skilled and experienced
professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in
the provision of educational services in the
Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Departments. Reporting to the Director
of Professional Practice and Education, the Unit Based Clinical
Educator is accountable for the education program planning for
clinical staff throughout the hospital. The Unit Based Clinical
Educator incorporates considerations of Age and Population Specific
awareness and the Watson Model of Care in all program planning..
The role is involved in the assessment, development and evaluation
of staff competencies and considers compliance with regulatory and
professional standards, improvement of quality, service levels,
safety, customer satisfaction and collaborative relationships in
the process. The position requires the full understanding and
active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther
King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will
demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee
shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's
strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and
performance improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the implementation of Education Department goals and
ensures that the program development is aligned with the
mission/vision and strategic plan of MLKCH.
- Keeps the Director of Professional Practice and Education and
Department Leadership informed of educational activities, status of
programs, and proposals for new and revised programs specific to
the Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Departments.
- Participates on nursing and hospital committees as assigned by
the Director of Professional Practice and Education.
- Serves as a consultant to the specified clinical areas and
departments as it relates to curriculum development.
- Works with the nursing leadership team in the specified
departments for new clinical initiatives.
- Cultivates positive and collaborative relationships within the
Education Department and with the nursing and clinical leadership
team to ensure that educational needs are being met in the most
effective manner possible.
- Provides leadership through educational activities to bring
about changes in clinical practice in the
- Evaluates education programs on a regular basis and plans and
implements improvements based on this evaluation and feedback from
- Communicates with the Directors in the specified clinical areas
to ensure that didactic information is being incorporated into
- Plans and implements the orientation of all new hires,
transition to practice, and nurse residency candidates to include:
general hospital orientation; clinical orientation; and EMR
training as well as follow-up with orientees in the clinical
- Participates in the annual educational needs assessment process
with the all of the Clinical Educators and assists with the review
of data and annual program planning.
- Utilizes adult learning principles in program planning to
select the teaching strategy and method appropriate for the learner
and the content including e-learning.
- Plans for all aspects of programs offerings: curriculum
development, objectives, handouts, speakers, continuing education
credit, room(s), food and assistance with presentations as needed
for the specified clinical areas.
- Plans for the marketing of all programs to appropriate units
- Ensures the curriculum utilizes the information generated from
the Quality and Performance Improvement activities and MLKCH
nursing and clinical Policies and Procedures as a foundation and
incorporates these components into the education provided to the
- Coordinates the implementation of all programs; participates as
an instructor in programs within areas of special knowledge: and
assists in the clinical follow-up needed after the completion of
- Collaborates with the Nurse Residency Program Coordinator to
ensure a seamless orientation and assimilation of the Nurse
Residency Candidate/Transition to Practice Employee into the
Medical-Surgical/Telemetry clinical departments.
- Utilizes the Education Department program evaluation tool for
all programs and summarizes data and makes recommendations for
- Maintains appropriate records for all programs and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing; Master's in Nursing or
Nursing related required (individuals without a Master's will be
required to complete the degree within 2 years of their hire
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience and a
minimum two (2) years educator experience in an acute care setting
preferred, some nursing education related experience required.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification in Staff Development or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Experience with implementation of an EMR preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Pasadena , Clinical Education Program Lead, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!