Clinical Educator RN - Full Time
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: June 4, 2021
If you are interested please apply online send your resume to
The Clinical Educator is a skilled and experienced professional
Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the provision
of educational services. Reporting to the Director of Professional
Practice and Education, the Clinical Educator is accountable for
the education program planning for clinical staff throughout the
hospital. The Clinical Educator incorporates considerations of Age
and Population Specific awareness and the Watson Model of Care in
all program planning.. The role is involved in the assessment,
development and evaluation of staff competencies and considers
compliance with regulatory and professional standards, improvement
of quality, service levels, safety, customer satisfaction and
collaborative relationships in the process. The position requires
the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the
Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is
expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent
with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther
King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and
direction of the quality and performance improvement process
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the implementation of Education Department goals and
ensures that the program development is aligned with the
mission/vision and strategic plan of MLKCH.
- Keeps the Director of Professional Practice and Education
informed of educational activities, status of programs, and
proposals for new and revised programs.
- Participates on nursing and hospital committees as assigned by
the Director of Professional Practice and Education.
- Serves as a consultant to the clinical areas and departments as
it relates to curriculum development.
- Works with the nursing leadership team for new clinical
- Cultivates positive and collaborative relationships within the
Education Department and with the nursing and clinical leadership
team to ensure that educational needs are being met in the most
effective manner possible.
- Provides leadership through educational activities to bring
about changes in clinical practice.
- Evaluates education programs on a regular basis and plans and
implements improvements based on this evaluation and feedback from
- Communicates with the Directors in the clinical areas to ensure
that didactic information is being incorporated into practice.
- Plans and implements the orientation of all new hires to
include: general hospital orientation; clinical orientation; and
EMR training as well as follow-up with orientees in the clinical
- Participates in the annual educational needs assessment process
with the all of the Clinical Educators and assists with the review
of data and annual program planning.
- Utilizes adult learning principles in program planning to
select the teaching strategy and method appropriate for the learner
and the content including e-learning.
- Plans for all aspects of programs offerings: curriculum
development, objectives, handouts, speakers, continuing education
credit, room(s), food and assistance with presentations as
- Plans for the marketing of all programs to appropriate units
- Ensures the curriculum utilizes the information generated from
the Quality and Performance Improvement activities and MLKCH
nursing and clinical Policies and Procedures as a foundation and
incorporates these components into the education provided to the
- Coordinates the implementation of all programs; participates as
an instructor in programs within areas of special knowledge: and
assists in the clinical follow-up needed after the completion of
- Utilizes the Education Department program evaluation tool for
all programs and summarizes data and makes recommendations for
- Maintains appropriate records for all programs and
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing; Master's in Nursing or
Nursing related required (individuals without a Master's will be
required to complete the degree within 2 years of their hire
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing experience and a
minimum two (2) years educator experience in an acute care setting
preferred, some nursing education related experience required.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification in Staff Development preferred.
- Experience with implementation of an EMR preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Pasadena , Clinical Educator RN - Full Time, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!