Senior Cultural Resources Project Manager
Company: Swca Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior
Archaeologist/Project Manager for our Pasadena, California office.
The Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager is a core member of the
Cultural Resources Program, responsible for managing client
relationships, supervising staff, successfully winning and
executing projects, and leading all aspects of project
implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position.
This position is a wonderful career-growth opportunity for the
right candidate to join SWCA's expanding practice.
What you will accomplish
- Project implementation to include staffing, fieldwork,
research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control
- Manages state and federal agency permits for the Pasadena
cultural resources program
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal
agency contacts and clients
- Nurtures and develops client relationships
- Supervises personnel in the field, office, and laboratory.
- Organizes and creates best practices and processes
- Collaborates with SWCA's managers, directors, and principal
investigators on technical and business development efforts
throughout the company.
- Maintains SWCA's high standard of scientific ethics and quality
assurance and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in
- Collaborates as part of an interdisciplinary environmental
- Assists in the continuing development of SWCA's Cultural
Resource Program and expands SWCA's professional reputation in
cultural resources consulting and research throughout California
Experience and qualifications for success
- Master's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a
closely related field is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in cultural resources
management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and
agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a
supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets,
scheduling, and scopes of work.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior's Professional
Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of
Land Management permit as a principal investigator is
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar
- Experience working with major electric utilities clients in
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state, and local laws and
regulations related to the management of cultural resources (CEQA,
NEPA, Section 106 of the NHPA)
- Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to
final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes,
regions, and agencies.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing
technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and
- Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of
project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter
experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing,
business development, and proposal writing.
- Team-orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm,
providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices
across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental
compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of
our website or need assistance completing the online application
process due to a disability, please email email@example.com
or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability
accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Swca Inc, Pasadena , Senior Cultural Resources Project Manager, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!