Natural Resources Project Manager
Company: Swca Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About the opportunity
SWCA's Pasadena office is actively seeking one or more Natural
Resources Project Managers to join our growing multi-disciplinary
team in Pasadena, California. In this position, you will manage
projects, take a lead role in pursuing project opportunities,
conduct biological surveys, manage field teams, and mentor staff.
Your work will expand SWCA's professional reputation in natural
resources management and research throughout California and beyond,
and you will be provided with opportunities for professional
development. You will collaborate with peers, maintain SWCA's
standards of excellence, and support the continuing development of
SWCA's Natural Resource Program.
What you will accomplish
- Manage natural resources and multi-disciplinary projects,
develop and manage project budgets and schedules, and provide
timely, high-quality work that achieves client goals.
- Oversee preparation of biological documents and
- Provide report QA/QC.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public
- Lead and participate in marketing and proposal efforts.
- Work directly with clients and regulatory agencies to ensure
regulatory compliance and facilitate project approvals.
- Support the professional development of staff biologists
through direct supervision and the management of project
- Conduct fieldwork and manage field teams as needed.
- Support your peers in meeting client needs, staffing projects,
and take initiative in team development and cohesion.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor's degree in biology, botany, wildlife management,
environmental sciences, or a closely related field required.
Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of natural resources consulting
experience on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and
agencies, or equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of experience managing projects,
including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and
scopes of work.
- Familiarity with Southern California flora and fauna.
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, and natural resources
- Demonstrated primary report authorship for a variety of project
types, preferably in an environmental consulting context.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty
scientific areas (e.g., restoration ecology, botany, conducting
protocol surveys for special-status species, etc.).
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm,
providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices
across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental
compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of
our website or need assistance completing the online application
process due to a disability, please email email@example.com
or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability
accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Swca Inc, Pasadena , Natural Resources Project Manager, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!