Broiler- Urgently Hiring
Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!
Do you have a passion for preparing the highest quality food
that is delighting Guests around the world? Are you interested in
being part of a world class team committed to promoting from within
and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to
join the Ruth's Chris family and join the company that defined The
American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for
quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive
pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and
vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to
diversity, structured career development, and growth
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and
ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn
from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to
create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to
experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work on time and is on broil station as indicated on
the weekly work
- Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and
- Sets-up the broil station to include all food preparation
equipment, plateware, food
- ingredients, smallwares and supply items needed for effective
operation of the broil
- Follows the Broil Station Prep List for station set-up.
- Assists the Chef and/or butcher in cutting meat; when cutting
- follows the specifications, quality standards and procedures of
Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Communicates frequently with the Chef to report any and all
- discrepancies within the kitchen. This may include, but is not
limited to: the
- functioning and operation of all equipment, sanitation,
cleanliness and safety, food
- supply, smallwares and equipment items, inventory, par and prep
levels, food quality,
- presentation and timing.
- Assists the side cook and other kitchen personnel in food
preparation as assigned by
- the Chef. Preps all food products according to the standards
and procedures stated on
- the Ruth's Chris Steak House recipe cards.
- Supervises the operation of the kitchen line during the service
periods; coordinates and
- controls the quality, flow and timing of food.
- Ensures that all food items are prepared according to company
specifications, recipes, procedures, plate presentation and quality
- Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by
correctly timing and preparing all food product to the guests
- Ensures that the broil station and kitchen line operates in an
organized, clean, smooth
- and efficient manner, with a minimum level of noise.
- Anticipates station overload and takes corrective measures to
avoid food and/or service
- Assists other kitchen line personnel as needed to ensure that
all food is prepared and served up to quality and timing
- Stocks the oven to ensure that there is a sufficient quantity
of "hot plates" and that the
- plates are at the correct temperature for entre service.
Maintains and restocks regularly during the shift to meet the
demands of the business.
- Checks the par and stock levels of all meats, poultry, seafood,
- equipment, plateware and smallware to ensure sufficient
quantities for the demands of the business. Communicates any
discrepancies to the Chef.
- Selects the correct cut of meat to match the desired cooking
- Correctly seasons, cooks and plates all entres (meat, poultry
and seafood) and ensures
- that all food is prepared and served up to Ruth's Chris
standards of quality, presentation and timing. Serves all entres
"from our broiler - to the plate - to the guests." Ensures food is
never held on the line.
- Communicates with side and pantry cooks to ensure that all food
product is prepared
- and ready for service at the correct time.
- Maintains optimum temperature and cooking condition of the
broiler by frequently
- brushing down during the shift. Properly cleans the broiler at
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation and food safety
throughout the shift. Adheres
- to all safety guidelines and practices; immediately reports any
unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the
Chef, or other Manager On Duty.
- Returns all unused meat products to the walk-in at the end of
each shift and correctly
- completes the return sheet (meat count).
- Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of
each shift. Assists Chef on Duty and other kitchen personnel in
accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food, smallwares,
equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds
constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility
for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a
frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment
as well as to work the line during service periods.
- Must be able to taste - to be able to distinguish between and
among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell - to
distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal
and level of intensity for all food and beverage products.
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold
30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from
restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all
BOH personnel for safety
- Maintains good grooming habits.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a broiler cook in a full service,
fine dining upscale, table cloth or casual dining restaurant
- Experience with fresh products preferred.
- Minimum 100 covers per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, and listen attentively
to supervisors, other team members, vendors, suppliers and other
- Ability understand communication in English,
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract,
express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., Pasadena , Broiler- Urgently Hiring, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!