Company: City of Pasadena, CA
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Pasadena Police Departmentis looking for individuals who are
enthusiastic and motivatedto joinour World Class law enforcement
agency. These individuals will be effective communicatorswho
willservethe public, provide exemplary customer service, are
responsive, and accountable individuals in all situations. Under
direct supervision, the Police Cadet performs a variety of tasks in
various divisions ofthe department in conjunction with a formal
training program designed for career advancement into the law
enforcement field.This is an excellent opportunity to join our
The major responsibilities of this position are listed below.
For more detailed information, please review thejob
- A Police Cadetperforms a variety of administrative and records
management and maintenance duties.
- Assists the public at thefront counter, providesinformation
relating to departmental activitiesto the public, answersquestions
and directs the public to appropriate resources both internally and
- Directs the public to appropriate resources both internally and
- Answers phones and radio calls.
- Operates business office machines, computers and compiles data
and prepares reports.
- Sends and receives teletype messages and accepts fees for
- Assists sworn officers in the field with traffic control.
- Performs ride-alongs and may assist in collecting
- Assists at DUI checkpoints.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adaptability-Responding positively to change and modifying
behavior as the situation requires
- Attention to Detail -Focusing on the details of work content,
work steps, and final work products
- Handling Stress-Maintaining emotional stability and
self-control under pressure, challenge, or adversity
- Professional Integrity & Ethics-Displaying honesty, adherence
to principles, and personal accountability
- Self-Management -Showing personal organization,
self-discipline, and dependability
- Oral Communication -Engaging effectively in dialogue
- Customer Focus -Attending to the needs and expectation of
- Teamwork -Collaborating with others to achieve shared
- Fact Finding -Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The selection process may consist of training and experience
evaluation, written test and department-level interviews.
Probationary work test period is continuous through the Police
There are currentlythree (3) part-time (20 hour/week) vacancies
in the Police Department. This continuous recruitment will
establish an eligible list for future vacancies. Special
Must possess a valid California Class C driver's license and
comply with the City's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy during the
course of employment.
Successful completion of a comprehensive background
investigation is required which may include a review of employment
history, criminal conviction record, credit history, use of
intoxicants and/or other controlled substances, and psychological
Successful completion of the state-mandated CLETS training
program as required by the California State Department of Justice
within six months of date of employment and ongoing maintenance of
Keywords: City of Pasadena, CA, Pasadena , Police Cadet, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!