On- Call Security - Adult and Family Centers
Company: Union Station Homeless Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
TITLE: On-Call Security
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Interim Housing
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time- Less than 20 hours per week
REGULAR HOURS WORKED: Varies per shift ;
Overnight Shifts - 11 pm- 7:30 am and Swing Shifts - 3pm -
11:30pm for weekend coverage (Fridays through Monday mornings) -
usually need On-Call Security Coverage. Occasional overnight and
swing shift coverage needed during the week.
PLEASE NOTE This position will pay $18.55 an hour.
The On-Call Security Guard fills open shifts (evenings, nights,
and weekends) due to absences by regular staff and is generally
expected to be available on short notice if needed.
The On-Call Security Officer ensures a safe environment for the
staff, clients of and visitors to USHS. This position provides for
the general welfare and safety of all persons who visit the
facility or its grounds and promotes positive relationships with
neighboring businesses and organizations. The On-Call Security
Officer assists residents and patrons in accessing Union Station
day services and provides information and referrals.
SCHEDULE: Hours will vary based on department needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the
- Greet visitors and assist their access to the facility; promote
a welcoming environment
- Distribute meal tickets and otherwise assist as needed with
- Assist residents and patrons with accessing day services, such
as shower program, medical clinic and legal clinic.
- Interact with clients to identify needs and provide support in
accessing additional available resources.
- Prepare written reports as needed or requested by the Lead
- Regularly walk surrounding neighborhood to help maintain
cordial relationships with the neighboring business and non-profit
- Prepare and maintain a safe, secure, and neat work area;
maintain visual surveillance of the public areas and maintain order
- Notify appropriate staff and law enforcement in situations that
threaten the safety of personnel, clients or the security of the
- Notify staff in other Union Station locations of persons or
problems that may affect their safety or working conditions.
- Assist visitors and staff to locate appropriate parking; ensure
the safety of the volunteers as they enter and leave the parking
lot at night.
- Accept and safely store all donations that arrive after hours
or during the weekend.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work indoors in a temperature controlled environment with
occasional exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Stand for long periods of time; move and walk to various
locations (3 miles walking per day); climb stairs, stoop, kneel,
reach, pull, push, bend, and twist and lift and or move objects (35
lbs.) for substantial periods of time during the day.
- Able to work weekends on a regular basis.
- See, hear and speak clearly in order to give and receive
information and instructions.
- Ability to write to complete paperwork and required
- Ability to interact with other employees, clients, customers
and members of the public.
- Ability to react and adapt to a changing work environment.
- May require exposure to infectious agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent problem solving and observations skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention; ability to remain calm and
respond appropriately in crisis situations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to act with diplomacy, flexibility, good judgment and
versatility while dealing with people with a history of chronic
substance abuse and serious mental illness.
- Proficient with office communication equipment and machines
(telephone, copier, fax machine, personal computer, computer
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience working with a diverse population,
including varied socio-economic backgrounds, circumstances such as
homelessness, mental / physical health challenges, and other
- Experience working in a human services environment strongly
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Security
Guard Card strongly preferred.
Union Station Homeless Services is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Union Station Homeless Services, Pasadena , On- Call Security - Adult and Family Centers, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!