Company: Union Station Homeless Services
Posted on: June 8, 2021
TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Development
Employment Status: Full Time
Regular Hours Worked: 40 / Week, Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay: $21.00 to $23.00 (Depends on Qualifications)
The Development Coordinator works alongside the Development
Assistant and provides support to the Development and
Communications Team. Reporting to the Associate Director of
Development, the Development Coordinator provides assistance with
donor prospecting, cultivation, acknowledgement, correspondence,
events, publications, marketing, and other administrative tasks as
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE but are not limited to the
Donor Support Services
- Working with the Development Assistant, assist with data entry
of routine daily gifts and demographic data changes for gift
processing, donor acknowledgment, and database management. Includes
troubleshooting gift processing issues such as online credit cards
or merchant account issues.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of donor
communications and touchpoints as needed, including but not limited
to drafting, updating, and sending thank you letters, event
correspondence, event marketing materials, and online content.
- Manage and prepare in-house mailings, including mail merges,
accurate labeling and postage for events and donor campaigns;
assist in managing administrative volunteers and help oversee
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of donor
thank-you events and other Leadership Circle and Major Donor
- Assist with donor research and prospecting.
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors through
monitoring of development departments email account and voicemail
- Assist with the creation of branded print and digital
collateral, including but not limited to annual reports,
newsletters, direct mail, flyers, invitations, banners, press kits,
and sponsorship packets.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the creation and posting of
online and digital materials, including e-blasts, websites, and
social media posts.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with creating and updating
Development webpages, email blasts, and event/auction
Administrative and Special Projects
- Coordinate development and communication projects as needed.
Delegate work to volunteers as appropriate. Ensure projects are
completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide clerical assistance and other support as needed for
- Provide logistical support for annual events along with
coordinating ticket sales and procurement of silent auction
- Assist with the exploration, research, development and
implementation of new events or opportunities
- Work on event budget and manage ticketing/auction
- Assist Development and Event operations staff in pulling ticket
and auction lists.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Chief
Development and Communications Officer or the Associate Director of
- Act as a liaison to outside groups and community groups
interested in fundraising for Union Station
- Arrange Dine Out events and other community fundraisers,
helping to identify and develop corporate partners
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of tours,
parlor meetings, and speaking engagements as needed
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work indoors in a temperature controlled environment and
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather and driving conditions. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time; move and walk to
- See, hear and speak clearly in order to give and receive
information and instructions.
- Complex reading and writing skills, memorization skills,
analytical/perceptive/comprehensive capabilities. ? Ability to
quickly organize and communicate thoughts and to understand
communications from others.
- Ability to work independently, with others, around others, have
verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees, clients,
customers, and members of the public.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, manage time, adapt to
changing work demands, meet deadlines and perform under time
- High level of concentration and attention to detail for
extended periods of time required.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or
- Requires use of computers for long periods of the day.
- Able to work overtime, and work evenings and weekends when
- Travel to off-site meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Passion for fundraising and the mission of Union Station
Homeless Services required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good judgment and decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and provide
detailed and accurate reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding computer skills. Must be proficient with relational
databases, MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), and
publishing software. Must be proficient with mail merges and pivot
- Proficient with office communications equipment and office
machines (telephone, copier, calculator, fax machine, personal
computer, computer scanner).
- Must be a reliable and conscientious self-starter, with ability
to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines with minimum
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Database and data entry experience required. Donor database or
Raisers Edge experience preferred.
- Moderate HTML experience required.
- Previous development or non-profit experience required.
- 2-4 years experience in providing administrative support
Union Station Homeless Services is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Union Station Homeless Services, Pasadena , Development Coordinator, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!