Senior Network Design Engineer - Cisco
Company: MORI Associates, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates
and help us support exciting projects at California Institute of
As a Senior Network Design Engineer you will be part of a
dedicated team of diverse professionals creating and supporting
cutting edge solutions for our client's critical projects. MORI is
a mid-sized nationwide company founded in 1997 with the ideals that
creating an agile organization full of innovative and passionate
people will progress science and technology for all life on earth.
We focus on offering a complete range of services from strategic
consulting to the development of Information Systems and providing
advanced engineering solutions.
The responsibilities of this individual include producing a
documented network diagram and overall approach that includes:
complete documentation of existing network resources; upgrade to
campus Cisco core routers in order to deliver 10Gb to any location
in the near term and 100Gb capability as needed; in addition to
helping in design and implementation of a Science DMZ that is
capable of securely exchanging big-data among different research
groups within the campus as well as outside campus. The individual
in the position should be capable of working both on teams and
independently. The individual should also be able to provide
off-hour consultative support and subject matter expertise during
The Senior Network Design Engineer will focus on developing an
internal and external research network, and other network
Due to sensitivity of information handled, only Green Card
holders and US citizens will be considered for this job.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network
Engineering and 5-10 years of full-time professional work
experience in some combination of designing, configuring, testing,
or supporting local and wide area TCP/IP networks (to include
switches, routers, and firewalls).
- Technical knowledge of products from Cisco. Desirable to have
experience with some of the following: Brocade, Aruba, InfoBlox,
and the open source community (e.g. PerfSonar/iperf, BIND)
- Prefer/desire understanding of networking technologies in
designing resilient, scalable, high performing enterprise networks
that incorporate IPv6, security, multicast, QoS, macro and micro
segmentation, automation, programmability and other technologies as
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing
hardware, software and protocols.
- Strong experience with network protocols, SDN, OpenFlow, and
programming languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN and WLAN support and
- Desire understanding of data center and virtualization
technologies including but not limited to VxLAN, OTV, ACI, NSX,
- Ability to apply complex design principles and methodology to
ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology
without jeopardizing network integrity.
- Ability to evaluate alternative technologies and architectures
in relation to Caltech's academic, research and administrative
- Experience in designing and implementing DMZs
- Detailed and demonstrable understanding of data networks and
protocols, including, but not limited to (some of the following):
TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, QoS, MPLS, MBGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, RSTP, MST,
IPSec, VPN, and NetFlow/IPFIX.
- Desire experience engaging in community activities focused on
federated network measurements and network tuning (e.g.,
perfSONAR), federated identity management and certificates (e.g.,
InCommon) and SDN compatibility testing (e.g., InCNTRE).
- Demonstrated expertise in network assessment, design, and
documentation, along with network management platforms (e.g.
SNMPv1/2c/3, RANCID, Statseeker) and identity repository and policy
engines (e.g. ClearPass, Cisco Identity Services Engine).
- Proficiency with network analytic tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Vendor certification including Cisco CCIE (desired, not
- Experience with specific technologies including:
o Current and emerging networking architectures
o Software Defined Networking
MORI Associates offers comprehensive benefits including matching
funds for 401K plans.
MORI Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability,
sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: MORI Associates, Inc., Pasadena , Senior Network Design Engineer - Cisco, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!