ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT - (Clinical Systems Healthcare IT exp) Regional Patient Care Services
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Takes responsibility for assigned aspects of projects, including
proactively communicating with project team about work status and
potential issues. Assists in design and approach of analysis,
gathering appropriate information to execute the analysis. Assists
with projects proposals, recommendations, implementation, training
and communication, drafting effective client deliverables,
presentations, and delivering as assigned. Develops relationships
with clients and stakeholders.
- Issue/Project Management: Accountable and takes ownership for
aspects of projects as assigned and reviews own work for quality
- Develops plans for completing work assignments to effectively
prioritize and self-manage workload.
- Communicates tasks, issues, progress, and status of assigned
tasks, seeking help or advice when needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness of scope and conducts work
accordingly using sound business judgment.
- Manages upward effectively and proactively communicates with
- Analytic/Problem-Solving: Uses/conducts effective client
interviews to gather (and maintain) relevant, accurate, and
- Reviews data that has been gathered and determines when
additional data is needed.
- Assist in identification of key business issues across a broad
array of issues across disciplines, projects, and functional
- Assists in the design of analytic approaches and approach of
- Synthesizes analyses and highlights implications of findings
with guidance of team members.
- Using sound business judgment, makes recommendation for action
steps based on analytic results.
- Uses basic software, analytical, and research tools needed to
perform assigned work, developing pertinent and insightful
- Formal Communication: Drafts effective, creative client
deliverables and presents findings with oversight.
- Synthesizes findings into key messages for appropriate
- Produces effective, creative deliverables for assigned
sections, given overall deliverable outline and framework.
- Proactively assists in development of project proposals,
recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages,
performance measurement tools and training materials related to the
- Utilizes effective listening skills and communicates clearly
and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Client/Stakeholder Relations: Develops understanding of client
needs and expectations and develops trust and credibility with
client and stakeholder while developing a network of Kaiser
- Development of understanding will facilitates identification of
project impact from the stakeholder point of view.
- Energetically responds to client needs and requests,
communicating sensitively to the needs of
- Will set and adjust priorities to meet patient/member/customer
needs while responding to and resolving problems impacting
customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Teambuilding: Seeks and shares knowledge, developing an
awareness of healthcare and Kaiser Permanente.
- Will provide coaching to staff where appropriate while seeking
and applying feedback from others.
- Provides constructive feedback to team members in support of
- Participates in non-project related activities (i.e., team
meetings, presenting/participating in lunch&learn programs,
etc.) that support the culture and values of the department,
including but not limited to recruitment, training, etc.
- Minimum (2) two years of related analytical and/or consulting
experience required OR completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern
California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics,
operations research, public health, health administration OR four
(4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, propose methodological
solutions, synthesize analyses accurately and highlight
implications of findings.
- Demonstrated ability to apply qualitative and quantitative
- Technical expertise in some areas.
- Ability to understand client and/or stakeholder needs and
expectations and responds appropriately.
- Interacts with clients as appropriate in the course of project
- Demonstrates a consistent attitude and orientation towards
appropriately meeting customer needs.
- Understands point of view of key stakeholders and completes
work, taking into account these points of view.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated effective consulting, interpersonal, and
- Works well in a team environment.
- Open to ideas and thoughts of others.
- Visibly supports team decisions.
- Seeks and accepts constructive feedback and demonstrates
effective listening skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Health care experience strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in related area.
- Familiarity with MS Access and Visio a plus.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Walnut Center - Regional
Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon - Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 4:00 PM Job
Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union
Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Regional
Patient Care Services Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT - (Clinical Systems Healthcare IT exp) Regional Patient Care Services, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!