Research Associate III, Epidemiologic and Vaccine Safety
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Manages day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of medium to
large studies or several smaller studies. May supervise project
staff. Works under general supervision. Final review required for
some phases of projects.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of medium
to large studies or several smaller studies.
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms,
questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Develops simple study protocols or portions of complex
- Monitors progress of study activities (e.g. data collection and
validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.).
- May coordinate research project activities with other research
- Prepares progress reports independently and/or
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or
- If assigned to clinical trial, may work with Sponsors/ monitors
at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/confidentiality requirements
- Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical
- Assists with and/or oversees quality assurance of study
activities; ensures quality data.
- May assist with implementation of quality control
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and
- Identifies, recommends and implements solutions to study
- Interfaces with IRB and drafts portions of IRB protocols,
amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project
staff including evaluating performance.
- May mentor and develop staff and participate in hiring.
- Contributes to portions of study presentations.
- Assists in writing scientific articles.
- Serves as a member on department or study-related
- May recommend budget actions/decisions and manage project
- Reviews scientific literature and drafts portions of background
section of grant proposals.
- May contribute to other sections of grants.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in public health,
healthcare administration, epidemiology, or healthcare-related
- Minimum two (2) years of training and/or professional
experience in research methodology/research study design,
hypothesis testing; OR minimum two (2) years of experience in
clinical protocols involving research methodology/research study
design, and hypothesis testing.
- Minimum two (2) years of training and/or experience managing
research projects under general guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, healthcare administration,
epidemiology, or health-related field (ex. Biology, Psychology,
etc.), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience creating flow charts, research instruments (e.g.
chart review forms, questionnaires, etc.).
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data
interpretation and application.
- Must be able to prepare sections of professional reports and
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Minimum one (1) year of direct personnel management
- Master's degree in public health, healthcare administration,
epidemiology or related field.
- Epidemiologic and vaccine safety and effectiveness project
coordinator experience preferred.
- Research project coordinating experience preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,S. Los Robles
Administration Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End:
05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual
Contributor Department: Regional Offices - Pasadena - Clincl Resrch
Supt Stff Admin - 0806 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Research Associate III, Epidemiologic and Vaccine Safety, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!