Company: Western Asset Management
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Make your Mark on the Bottom Line
The financial analyst will be an integral part of the Financial
Planning and Analysis team by creating annual budgets and periodic
forecasts, preparing budget variance reviews, analyzing financial
trends and preparing periodic management reports that address
financial performance. The ideal candidate will possess a strong
background in accounting and finance, demonstrate excellent verbal
and written communication skills, be detail-oriented,
technologically savvy, and work independently.
What you will do
- Prepare and update budgets and forecasts for multiple offices
with guidance from country controllers and other key
- Analyze monthly budget variances and document findings.
Proactively address accounting and/or operational issues identified
during budget-variance analyses.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports (financial reviews) for Sr.
- Develop and/or enhance budgeting/forecasting models.
Where analytical ability comes first
You will collaborate with the wider team to provide the
Financial Planning and Analysis activities for the firm. Ready to
deal with multiple, challenging demands, you'll be highly
energetic, motivated, client-focused and able to adapt quickly to
changing priorities. You'll thrive in our non-hierarchical,
entrepreneurial culture where your exceptional accounting skills
will be appreciated and your input valued.
What you will bring
- BS in Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- 3-6 years of work experience in an Accounting or Finance
- Excel skills - financial modeling and knowledge of various
functions (pivot tables, V-Lookups, macros).
- An aptitude for learning and using new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Strong track record of ethical behavior as the employee will be
exposed to confidential financial information.
- CPA or CFA
- Familiarity with the investment management industry.
About Western Asset
At Western Asset we're saying hello to the future. Committed to
being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the
world, we're investing in new technologies, methodologies and
markets. We're also investing in our people. Our business is guided
by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients
and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow.
We're building on our reputation and resources with an
entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an
opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the
possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.
Keywords: Western Asset Management, Pasadena , Financial Analyst, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!