Executive Director, Utility Systems & Regulatory Programs
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position will experience a high degree of interaction with
business, IT and vendor partners at senior levels (i.e. Vice
Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents). It is accountable for the
success of the business relationships and ensuring products and
services meet their business partners requirements. This position
is a trusted advisor to business executive leadership and works
with them to establish program strategy and goals while
facilitating critical decisions that align with organizational
strategies. In addition, they assist their business partners in
anticipating and removing obstacles that impact performance;
address performance gaps and implement contingency plans.
On an annual basis, this position is responsible for the
successful delivery of 20+ projects, funded by a $30M+ investment
budget. The organization consists of 110+ FTEs and contractors,
including 2 Senior Directors and 6 Senior Managers directing
Project Managers and Solution Consultants to deliver on-time,
on-budget, quality driven programs to their business partners.
This position is also responsible for contributing to key
initiatives within the Health Plan BIO and KPIT including new
technology roll-out and adoption, innovation, and surfacing ideas
and opportunities to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Craft strategy, identify projects, and successfully deliver
Utility Systems and Regulatory Programs Investment initiatives.
Project size varies with a total annual portfolio of $30M+.
Included in the portfolio are significant tracks of work supporting
Board-level programs such as the KP Membership Connect program
(KPMC) and the Digital Transformation program.
- Oversee a non-project (Core) budget of $7M.
- Lead a high-performance team by recruiting, developing, and
retaining top-notch leadership and staff; balancing contract to FTE
workforce and providing motivation, development of IT staff.
- Build and maintain business relationships with multiple
Business and KP executives, including a strong collaboration
managing project intake and MYP submissions with business
- Create and govern staffing plan and labor forecasting to ensure
necessary resources are in place.
- Manage the work of vendors, outsourced IT, managed services,
- Oversee the delivery of sub- contracted work performed by other
- Ensure procedures and tools required to monitor, manage and
report progress on projects and production support are in
- Work with other national initiatives to coordinate requirements
for systems changes and release schedules.
- Govern financials ensuring thoughtful, complete budgeting and
oversight of spending.
- Consult with business partners on clear definition of business
problems, idea assessments, solution identification and
alternatives, solution planning, and funding estimates to ensure a
successful and productive relationship.
- Align project requirements and deliverables with other national
initiatives to ensure projects support each other effectively.
- Plan, administer, and monitor all business partner issues and
system enhancement requests; negotiates and creates deliverable
commitments and resolves issues in ways that are mutually
satisfactory to the business partners and the IT organization.
- Provide input to IT strategy and planning on impacts of
business strategies while developing and maintaining demand
forecasts for IT solutions and services.
- Partner with development, release management, testing and other
teams required to deliver quality solutions.
- Travel as required (15-20%).
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive IT experience in roles of
increasing responsibility is required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, business administration,
or a similar degree is required
License, Certification, Registration
- A strong and proven IT business leader who understands and
leads technology-s application for driving real business
- Experience leading projects or programs requiring the
integration of cross-functional technology and/or business
solutions is required.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organization is also
- A strong team player with demonstrated results building strong
relationships with business operating leadership to deliver
substantive, business value-add to the operations is
- Requires extensive experience delivering enterprise
- A proven solutions leader who leads by example through strong
personal leadership and conviction, possesses consensus building
skills and a true team orientation, and displays impeccable
interpersonal skills. The ability to achieve project and
performance outcomes through others is critical.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or an MBA is preferred.
- Expertise in health plan systems is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
project/program management certification is preferred.
- Additionally, a strong understanding of Health Plan
applications is essential, specific knowledge of Medicare,
Medicaid, Insurance Exchanges, Regulatory Compliance, document
management and case management disciplines would be very
- Demonstrated success leading a staff of 20+ is desired.
- Experience leading programs with subcontractors, outsourcers
and vendors is preferred; a track record of solid leadership
experience and background in negotiating commitments to achieve
long-term partnerships and careful management of service delivery
is also preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,KP-IT @ West Annex -
Parsons Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job
Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE Executives|NUE|Non Union
Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Po/Ho Corp -
Rgnl Clrng-KPIT - 0308 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Executive Director, Utility Systems & Regulatory Programs, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!