Sr. Architect (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are looking for a collaborative, highly motivated Senior
Architect who has the desire to help grow and develop our
architecture practice in the life science, food processing and
advanced technology sectors in the Western region.
This person will execute and lead all phases of design which
includes: feasibility studies, planning, concept development,
scope, detailed design and construction documentation. This person
will also have a solid knowledge
California Building Codes and construction document preparation
as well as all stages of development (review, bid, permit, etc.).
Projects are industrial and will include both existing building
improvements and new construction.
- Lead and manage the architectural design and multidiscipline
industrial and manufacturing project teams in an A/E
- Commercial Kitchen Design experience is desirable
- Defines the industrial facility program requirements based on
an understanding of the client’s production process flow and space
environmental space needs, derived from Client meetings. with the
Client and the review of any documentation provided by the
- Conducts code research specific to the project site, program
and proposed use
- Manage the workflow with building departments during
entitlement and plan check
- Prior working knowledge of code studies/evaluations for life
science facilities and/or hazardous/classified areas is highly
- Creates integrated solutions and communicates key concepts to
- Develops the base plan and coordinates technical requirements
to other engineering disciplines.
- Understands and develops design intent based on client
objectives and provides excellent client service.
- When required by project scope, researches material options or
alternative building methods in an effort to deliver the optimal
solution for the Client.
- Develops specifications and directs preparation of technical
plans and related documents for permit acquisition and
- Answers RFI’s and reviews submittals and shop drawings
throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the
- Manages and provides guidance to Architectural designers
working on the project teams.
- Minimum 12+ years of industrial/manufacturing architectural
design experience with a proven ability to lead the facility design
from the programming/concept phase through the production of
construction documents, permit acquisition, and site implementation
on multi-discipline projects in an A/E environment.
- Highly desired is a minimum 5+ years executing industrial
projects in the advanced technologies and Life Science
Sectors. Prior food and beverage or heavy
industrial/manufacturing project experience is also highly
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and national building
- Architectural experience in the development and creation of
construction documents for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device
sectors or food and beverage industries desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new Greenfield
facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings.
- Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs and
processing spaces is highly desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of cold storage and refrigerated
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on
industrial installations of production equipment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and
ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Proficient computer skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam,
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- We are licensed for facility engineering across the United
States. At times, Architects can expect Up to 20% travel to project
sites, and/or collaboration with design professionals in other
- Bachelor of Architecture degree is required.
- Master of Architecture degree is desired
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Architect license required
- NCARB desired
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group FS Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Pasadena , Sr. Architect (Design Group), Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!