Securities Operation Specialist
Company: Western Asset Management Company Limited
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Keep pace with our success
As a Securities Operation Specialist, you will take be responsible
for supporting the Trade Settlements and Failed Trades process. -
We will leverage your hands on approach to overseeing the big
picture of our fixed income and emerging markets. To thrive in this
role, you enjoy working as part of a team and ensure success by
working collaboratively across departments and offices.
To excel in this role, you're able to aid and assist on a myriad of
projects with ease while surveying playing your part in the overall
big picture of Western Asset.
What you will do
- Provide oversight and support of third-party vendor.
- Communicate daily with counterparties and third-party vendors
to expedite timely settlement of trades.
- Responsible for the entire post trade process, including
transmission of trades to counterparties, matching/confirmation of
trades, and resolution of exceptions.
- Process trades into WA trading and accounting systems and
understand full workflow.
- Identify failed trades and work with brokers/banks to settle
- Maintain trade/broker confirmation records, internal corporate
account database, and account information on ALERT.
- Create/update/maintain accounts, custodians and brokers
settlement instructions in WA's proprietary system.
- Work with transfer agents, legal, and brokers to settle
physical/private credit trades.
- Update written procedures as workflows and processes
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from internal/external
- Participate in technology development efforts as
- Assist various departmental projects as needed.
- Oversee, execute and support the trade settlements and failed
What you will bring - - -
- Understanding of the features of different securities across
various sectors of fixed income and emerging markets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, absorb information quickly, and work in
a time-sensitive environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in utilizing Bloomberg to reconcile trade
- Bachelor's degree in related field
-About Western Asset
At Western Asset we're saying hello to the future. Committed to
being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the
world, we're investing in new technologies, methodologies and
markets. We're also investing in our people. Our business is guided
by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients
and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow.
We're building on our reputation and resources with an
entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an
opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the
possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.
Keywords: Western Asset Management Company Limited, Pasadena , Securities Operation Specialist, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!