Quality Improvement Coordinator
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen! Under the direct supervision of the Executive
Director and in close collaboration with the Medical Director, the
Quality Improvement Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance
and implementation of the WelbeHealth Quality Improvement program;
monitors staff compliance with state and federal regulations and
WelbeHealth policies procedures and, coordinates WelbeHealth
audits. In addition, The Quality Improvement Coordinator serves as
the WelbeHealth Compliance Officer and HIPAA Privacy Officer and
will raise any compliance concerns to leadership, partnering with
the team to support prompt resolution. The Quality Improvement
Coordinator collaborates effectively with colleagues and
stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and
mission. - Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Medical Director on the development of the
- Responsible for the implementation of all the activities in the
- Collect, analyze, and generate reports for all QI department
data including that specified in the QI plan and required by state
and federal regulations.
- Complete timely submission of all information required by
regulatory agencies included but not limited to HPMS quality
reporting and corrective action plans.
- Lead the staff through the preparation for and successful
completion of all state and federal audits.
- Coordinates and overseas the appeals and grievance
- Manage the preparation, implementation and follow up of all QI
Program Committees, including but not limited to the Professional
Medical Advisory Committee, Quality Improvement Committee,
Participant Advisory Committee and Ethics Committee.
- Prepare the annual QI program outcome report for presentation
to the Board of Directors, staff, participants and vendors.
- Coordinate the annual participant satisfaction and HOS surveys
with the goal of supporting participation.
- Prepare and distribute quality analytics reports from the EMR
- Responsible for managing relationships with state and federal
regulatory agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services and Medicaid Fraud Control Units.
- Monitor staff (Team Member and contractor) compliance with
WelbeHealth policies and procedures, working with the WelbeHealth
leadership team towards resolution as issues arise.
- Coordinate with WelbeHealth to develop and distribute written
compliance policies and procedures to all appropriate individuals
and updating and proposing changes to the policies, as
- Coordinate the WelbeHealth compliance program including but not
limited to educating staff and other stakeholders on the compliance
program standards, monitor adherence to the compliance program and
research complaints or reports of actual and suspected misconduct
- As the HIPAA Privacy Officer oversee the implementation of, and
adherence to WelbeHealth's HIPAA Privacy policies and procedures,
coordinating privacy risk assessments; reporting directly to the
WelbeHealth Board of Directors or a delegated subcommittee
regarding HIPAA compliance; overseeing HIPAA training for workforce
members; monitoring of Business Associate Agreements; and managing
investigations and reporting for security incidents and breaches if
- Provide regular reports on the compliance position to the Board
of Directors or delegated subcommittee.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company
procedures and information about team members, participants, and
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in
any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Master's Degree in relevant field preferred; or additional
three years' experience.
- Minimum of three years' experience as a quality improvement/
assurance manager in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in or knowledge of health care compliance, including
PACE-specific program compliance, and HIPAA requirements.
- Experience with managing data and conducting analyses using
productivity suite software including complex spreadsheets and
preferably relational and/or hierarchical databases.
- Experience working in an Electronic Medical Record strongly
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a
quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. COVID-19 Vaccination
Policy At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential
of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have
a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of
vaccination prior to employment is required. Our Commitment to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion At WelbeHealth, we embrace and
cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to
building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at
WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a
family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Pasadena , Quality Improvement Coordinator, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!