Company: Education First
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The role: EF Pasadena is looking for a passionate, energetic and
student-focused Activities Coordinator for our large and busy
year-round International Language Campus. The Activities
Coordinator reports to the Activities Manager and works
collaboratively to offer a variety of attractive social activities
and programs to a broad range of international students.
Duties and responsibilities: The Activities Coordinator
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Organizing and implementing social, cultural and sporting
activities program appropriate to students' needs.
* Supporting in all daily operations in the activities department
including campus activities, excursions, local events/activities,
large school events, and the activities' desk.
* Sharing the management of campus social media accounts.
* Assisting with registration of new students on arrival.
* Giving a brief presentation of the department role & services to
new students during their first week of school.
* Liaising with colleagues in other EF schools worldwide to
organize/host/promote inter-school events.
* Accompanying activities & excursions - including regular evening
& weekend work.
* Ensuring appropriate staffing for groups and tours
* Promoting school events and excursions and designs advertising
posters, leaflets etc.
* Administering the ordering and selling of EF merchandise.
* Responsible for daily banking and maintaining accurate
* Monitoring stocks of EF merchandise, local maps, etc.
* Supports the Activities Manager in managing seasonal Activity
* Providing student welfare assistance as required.
* Ensuring that varied information is available to students for
leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other
destinations, travel information and timetables. Ensuring that
information is clearly displayed and regularly updated.
* Participating in training programs for visiting sales staff.
* Sharing emergency on call duties with other school staff on
* Updating school's MyEF account 6 months in advance
* Striving to achieve favorable student evaluations and meeting
with students to gather feedback on current activities.
* Organized with excellent attention to detail
* Able to work autonomously while still supporting colleagues in a
* Outgoing & confident personality
* Culturally sensitive
* Enjoy working in a busy & dynamic environment
* Enjoy multi-tasking
* Creative & energetic with lots of common sense
* Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm
* Excellent communication & people skills
* Computer literate & comfortable with most current software and
minor IT issues
* Flexible and willing to wear many hats
* Bachelor's degree
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on
language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel
programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in
over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a
global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we
strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a
fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a
range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and
confidence to explore the world through language, travel and
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to
share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask
specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should
not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or
substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in
CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and,
where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate
suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of
Keywords: Education First, Pasadena , Activities Coordinator, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!