Postdoctoral position at Caltech in the Bellan Plasma Group
Company: AMERICAN VACUUM SOCIETY INC
Posted on: March 12, 2023
- Recent Ph.D. degree in Plasma Physics or closely related
- Required experience - combination of hands-on lab experiments
and high-level theoretical modeling of these experiments
- Required knowledge: plasma physics (MHD, 2-fluid, Vlasov
theory), numerical techniques, electronics, data acquisition
systems, vacuum techniques, hardware design (Solidworks), hardware
- General: Excellent oral and written communication skills This
position is to participate in all of the following ongoing research
- design of a spheromak-related plasma thruster
- modeling how dust forms and can deposit on surfaces in a dusty
- operation/analysis of experiments involving MHD jets, replicas
of solar corona loops, and dusty plasmas Appointment is for one
year with extension to second year if performance satisfactory.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Paragraph giving evidence of required experience and
- Names of three references These items should be sent to
Professor Paul M. Bellan: Group information and recent publications
at Caltech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: AMERICAN VACUUM SOCIETY INC, Pasadena , Postdoctoral position at Caltech in the Bellan Plasma Group, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...