Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Reporting directly to the Vice President/Sales Manager of the
Northern Region this position is responsible for
targeting/developing new revenue opportunities, cultivating new
client relationships and building a prospect pipeline (in
collaboration with our PM's) to drive new business growth. -
Employing a consultative prospecting approach, a measure of success
will include the conversion rate of pipeline prospects to
revenue-generating clients. - Incumbent will partner with Marketing
to assess market trends, build market presence and lead activities
that increase awareness of the ACCO brand.
- Create and define business development strategies that grow
market verticals in alignment with ACCO's strategic plan.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities for ACCO through
market identification and analysis, external business relationships
and other forms of business analytics.
- Identify, prospect, qualify and build relationships with
potential clients (partnering with PM's) and regularly report
progress to the regional leadership team.
- Develop strong consultative relationships with prospective
clients to understand their business objectives/strategic
imperatives. - Then, highlight the ACCO core competencies that
fulfill the client's needs and convey our value
- Create, update and constantly add prospective clients to a
rolling prospect pipeline.
- Maintain records and up-to-date information on all prospects,
target accounts, and new clients.
- Convert a pipeline of prospective clients into revenue
- Assess and analyze ACCO's "fair share" by client.
- Develop business presentation materials and cost/value modeling
for prospecting calls.
- Monitor market and competitor activities/trends.
- Represent ACCO at key industry trade shows, industry events and
functions. - If needed, engage marketing to develop
materials/content for these events.
- Support PMs to organize and attend client events.
- Host client shop tours.
- Provide high level budget support for clients not currently
supported by a PM.
- Develop and manage a BD budget with Sales Managers and
marketing team. - Define what industry events are applicable for
ACCO participation and/or sponsorship.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Engineering, Sales Management, or
- 10 years prior experience in new business development and
- Demonstrated ability to professionally approach and engage the
appropriate, high-level contacts/decision makers at target
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others to
achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Well respected internally to ACCO and within the
- Strong consultative skills, with a significant sense of
ownership and accountability.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Motivated to partner/collaborate with internal and external
teams, building relationships to accomplish shared objectives in a
dynamic and complex environment.
- Proven track record of successful negotiations, strength of
character and ability to articulate business value
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking skills and
experience with interpreting and analyzing data.
- Proven ability to develop strong, trusting relationships to
maintain credibility, gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to influence business decisions in a matrixed
environment to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage change in a
fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and process
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and decision
making in an ambiguous work environment.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and listening,
consultation, facilitation, presentation skills
- Collaborative, team oriented and client centric
- Estimating skills are preferred to support high-level budget
efforts. - This skill could be developed in the role if not
- Proactivity / Initiative: -Recognizes what needs to be done and
accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one's level/position
and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: -Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult
goals despite challenges and to bounce back from
- Insight: -The ability to gather and make sense of information
that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: -Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to
communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: -The ability to effectively work toward common goals
with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in
an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: -Understands and contributes to organizations'
short- and long-term business strategy. - -On a personal level has
independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career
- Motivation / Dedication: -Commits to excellence in pursuing
unselfish goals. - -Initiates action with collective goals takes
responsibility and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: -Interest in
seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back;
demonstrating an openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: -Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a
problem in support of personal, group, department, or
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include the
ability to hear customers calling by telephone.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit for prolonged periods, stand; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit.
$160,000 -to $200,000 -Annual Salary. Applicants please note that
actual compensation is determined by several factors that are
unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related
skills, depth of experience, certifications, relevant education or
training, and specific work location, among others. The offered
wage or salary is only one aspect of an employee's total
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, Pasadena , Project Executive, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!