Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Description: Job Summary:
Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics in
developing and implementing strategies to optimize business results
which include retention and growth targets while mitigating risk.
Primary focus is on establishing the appropriate rate and
conditions of offering to achieve revenue, membership and margin
goals. Additionally, processes and policies are managed to support
optimal customer service while collaborating with Sales/Account
Management partners to optimize business opportunities and
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to create and execute
a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across book of
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting &
authority guidelines and state & federal laws for existing and
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to
ensure attainment of goals with more focus on complex cases.
- Lead peer review including the most complex cases to ensure
accuracy & appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job
levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure,
customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing
- Recommend and implement new and existing policies, procedures,
- Recommend and implement continuous quality improvement
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions
on business outcomes.
- Ensure Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of
effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management that
optimizes business potential with purchasers, brokers &
- Develop creative solutions that increase credibility with
customers & Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire & exhibit knowledge of the external business
environment to add value.Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in rating, underwriting,
marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed
- Bachelors degree required in business administration, health
care administration, mathematics, statistics, or related degree OR
four (4) years of experience in rating, underwriting, marketplace
evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care
environment. Additional Requirements:
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office
programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to
articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Experience in interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Green Street/IDS
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Po/Ho Corp - Pricing Analysis - 7016
Pay Range: $89600 - $115940 / year The ranges posted above reflect
the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you
reside in a different location or state than the location
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity,
inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and
we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a
diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better
place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our
communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working
at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our
commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together
to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of
belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. Submit Interest
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Senior Underwriter, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!