Posted on: November 19, 2023
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute
that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most
innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We
thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are
passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse
Caltech community.Job SummaryThe Caltech Center for Inclusion &
Diversity (CCID) Program Coordinator will support the operations of
the CCID and serve as a programming assistant. This position will
conduct administrative and data systems tasks to support CCID's
programmatic work and serve as a programming assistant for CCID's
signature programs, initiatives, workshops, and training. This
position is responsible for assisting with all programming needs,
marketing, visibility, generating reports, website creation, and
maintaining logistics for CCID's various programs and events
including, but not limited to: CCID Signature Programs and
Initiatives, heritage programming, mentorship program, educational
sessions, workshops, and trainings.
- Support and assist with events, efforts, and activities related
to historically excluded populations and marginalized identities in
higher education and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
(STEM) professional fields.
- Complete administrative-related duties for the operations of
the CCID department and signature CCID programs and
- Assist with various students' affinity spaces and programming,
including speakers and events for various heritage programs and
- Assist with the management and intake of CCID's customized
workshops, trainings, and outreach requests and presentations.
- Manage orderly communication with the Caltech community
regarding programmatic inquiries.
- Provide ongoing student support as a liaison to campus
- Provide advisement, logistic support, and leadership
development to CCID student assistants and student club
- Provide administrative support and management of CCID's
marketing needs and initiatives.
- Coordinate CCID's communications, including the CCID department
email, department telephone calls, social media accounts, and serve
as the CCID liaison on the Communications Council.
- Manage the CCID Website updates with current events and
- Manage and update administrative tools such as TeamUp, Wufoo,
the Caltech Institute Calendar, Ion, Mailchimp, Qualtrics,
- Oversee logistics and technical support for remote events.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications
- Must be able to work independently and effectively.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess strong
- Must be available for some evenings and some weekends.Preferred
- Experience working in a college environment and/or a
multicultural setting.Required Documents
- Resume Hiring Range $24.00 - $32.50 per hour
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
As one of the largest employers in Pasadena, CA, Caltech is
committed to providing comprehensive benefits to eligible employees
and their eligible dependents. Our benefits package includes
competitive compensation, health, dental, and vision insurance,
retirement savings plans, generous paid time off (vacation,
holidays, sick time, parental leave, bereavement, etc.), tuition
reimbursement, and more. Non-benefit eligible employees will have
access to some benefits such as onsite counseling and sick time.
Learn more about our benefits and staff perks . - EEO Statement We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.If you would like to request
an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or
otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please
direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at
firstname.lastname@example.org . -
Keywords: Caltech, Pasadena , Program Coordinator, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!