Entry-Level Environmental Professional
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Are you looking to establish your career at a company recognized for solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an entry-level geologist or engineer in our Pasadena (preferred) or Long Beach (alternative), California office, you will work with industry-recognized leaders in the environmental and remediation fields while applying your academic knowledge to develop innovative solutions to our clients' environmental concerns. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Help define the next-generation of environmental solutions while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Geosyntec is a top 50 environmental firm worldwide as ranked by the Engineering News-Record in 2018. Learn more about the exciting and innovative solutions developed by Geosyntec practitioners by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Your responsibilities as an entry-level environmental professional will include, but not be limited to:
* Fieldwork such as soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling and drilling/contractor oversight;
* Well installation, aquifer testing, and groundwater monitoring;
* Chemical data analysis and contaminant fate & transport assessment;
* Data management and visualization;
* Technical document preparation, including technical writing and creation of tables, exhibits, and maps;
* Interaction and coordination with regulatory agencies and environmental clients; and
* Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical geoscience / engineering position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: Up to 50%
* Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement at Geosyntec is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* B.S. degree in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, or environmental engineering. (required)
* Advanced degree in geoscience or environmental engineering (M.S. or Ph.D.). (preferred)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), preferably with advanced experience using Microsoft Excel. (required)
* Experience with one or more scientific analysis software packages, such as Matlab, Python, R, C++, or FORTRAN. (required)
* Exceptional oral and written-communication skills, as demonstrated by a record of conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications. (preferred)
* Prior experience in the environmental industry (0 to 2 years, including internships). (preferred)
* Ability to obtain professional licensure in the State of California. (preferred)
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENTRY01800
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Pasadena , Entry-Level Environmental Professional, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!