Process Engineer II- Wastewater/Water Systems - Pasadena, Ca.
Company: Parsons Corp.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Wastewater Process Engineer II Los Angeles , California
Parsons is seeking a mid-career professional in Process Engineering, with experience in Wastewater treatment process predesign and design to join our established wastewater group in Pasadena, CA.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading projects through planning, design and construction phases and interfacing with municipal clients and permitting agencies on wastewater treatment plant upgrade and expansion projects while providing task and project management support to senior level managers.
This role will be based in Los Angeles near El Segundo, California.
The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to work on multiple challenging projects and demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and leadership skills on various wastewater treatment plant projects.
* Lead design efforts on a Range of wastewater infrastructure projects, including preparation of planning studies, field conditions assessments, preliminary design, final design, and office and field services during construction.
* Assist project managers on large, complex projects, including task management.
* Bring creativity in predesign and design for value added solutions
* Maintain communication and strong relationship with regulatory agencies to support project permitting.
* Communicate and work directly with clients.
* Assist project managers in scoping and proposing on potential projects and selling new work.
* A 4 year degree from a credited institute in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
* 5+ years of experience in municipal water and wastewater engineering, primarily focused on wastewater treatment processes
* Prefer professional ENGINEERING ( PE) LICENSE, OR WILLINGNESS TO OBTAIN WITHIN 1 YEAR.
* Experience in process model simulation (e.g., BioWin) and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: hydraulic calculations, process calculations/computer simulations, environmental chemistry, and environmental biology.
* Skilled in planning studies, conducting field condition assessments, coordinating with utility owners, preparing preliminary and final design, coordinating drawing preparation, developing technical specifications, and performing engineering support services during construction.
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English, both written and oral.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
Keywords: Parsons Corp., Pasadena , Process Engineer II- Wastewater/Water Systems - Pasadena, Ca., Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!