Electrical Facilities Engineer
Company: EMCOR Group, Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2019
?About Us:EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced
single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical
needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations.
By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best
practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to
reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to
achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects
and long-term value.?EMCOR Group, Inc., is ranked #1 \u0022World's
Most Admired\u0022 in the Engineering and Construction Industry for
2018 by Fortune?. For 10 consecutive years EMCOR has been named
amongst the Top 5 \u0022World's Most Admired\u0022 Companies.Job
Title: Electrical Facilities EngineerJob Summary: EMCOR Government
Services is actively seeking an Electrical Facilities Engineer with
a strong background in electrical distribution to support our
client.? This position is located in Pasadena, CA on the Jet
Propulsion Laboratory and is directly responsible for managing two
critical buildings as well as the site electrical distribution
system.?This position will oversee, prepare, and review all
facility service requests, major repairs, and planned maintenance
activities (including outage coordination) by compiling lists of
materials, tools, equipment and labor requirements for performing
identified work requests utilizing? estimating, scheduling and work
management systems in relation to electrical distribution
systems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:?
- Oversees all aspects in relation to high voltage electrical
- Provide direction in relation to maintaining UPS/PDU s and
- Able to analyze electrical building load conditions.
- Oversees and assists with planning and implementation of
scheduled and corrective maintenance on electrical and rotating
- Produce periodical and/or monthly and annual work
- Assist in the development of Request for Subcontract scopes of
work. Responsible for the verification of accuracy for all
estimates regarding electrical systems as well as ensuring that the
best price is achieved using a competitive bidding process.
- Interface with Facility Managers, Engineers, and other
contractors as it may relate to project accomplishments and power
- Answers customer inquiries relative to the activities of the
project when the information required can be supplied from project
knowledge or can be located in office files or records.
- Makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing
contract wide work methods and procedures.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with regulatory
reporting for assets is addressed and filed appropriately and in a
- Ensures that reports pertaining to area of responsibility
and/or delegated to are compiled and submitted to management.
- Supports Technical Leads and Supervisor in achieving their
respective goals and mandates.
- Reviews Work Orders for completeness and closes as per
- Assists various work groups in asset management i.e., PM
schedule changes, Asset naming, development of Job and/or Safety
- Ensure quality work order is generated.
- Help maintain the PM system for area of responsibility, editing
jobs, est. hours, frequency, adding new PM s, etc. as needed.
- Ensure all safety, tools, procedures, and LOTO are
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 15 years minimum
experience with power UPS distribution systems for critical
systems. High voltage experience (16,500 volts preferred).
- Experience in the operation and management of large industrial
electrical systems, including power generation, is a plus.
- Experience managing a 24/7 shift rotation workforce ranging in
size from 10-15 employees is desired.
- 5 yr minimum experience in Facility Management, to include a
background in trades (i.e., electrician, HVAC tech, etc.)
- Understanding of concepts and practical experience with
Planning/Scheduling/Estimating, and Preventive Maintenance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with technical and non-technical
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement change
- Preferably 2 years experience working with CMMS systems (e.g.
- Experienced with Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc.We offer
our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and
skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer.#CB2--
Keywords: EMCOR Group, Inc, Pasadena , Electrical Facilities Engineer, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!