Principal System Reliability Owner
Posted on: July 14, 2019
The Principal System Reliability Owner will be responsible for
management of ADP's Global Product & Technology (GPT) agenda on
achieving a fundamentally better reliability posture. System
Reliability Owners use engineering and development mindset to
determine solutions that will ultimately improve the availability,
performance, and security of the external facing software products
and internal applications used by ADP's clients, partners and
associates. We believe people make great companies, not the other
way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering
innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all
over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the
next generation of ADP technologies. Responsibilities:
- Work with Major Incident Managers during and after the incident
recovery life cycle.
- Identify key priority initiatives to significantly improve
reliability, both proactively and reactively.
- Provide leadership and direction to GPT System/Site Reliability
Engineers and Software Engineers to define and implement
sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Publish After Action Reviews which are timely and clearly
understood by technical and business personnel, and include
accurate root causes and concrete follow-up items with clear
- Design and implement stability and reliability best practices
and proactive solutions to potential issues by collaborating with
- Define, track, review and report on Service Level Objectives
(SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), System Availability, and
the progress and outcomes related to reliability initiatives.
- Mitigate further impact and risk to ADP and our clients.
- Understand and explain incident situations, recovery and plans
to prevent recurrence to business stakeholder and clients.
- Summarize complex technical issues into concise recaps for ADP
associates and client leaders.
- Assume an advisory role to ensure emergency changes adhere to a
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships
with various internal and external stakeholders both in and outside
- Proactively identify opportunities for process
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic
plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters
and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Participates in development of methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet requirements. Acts as a lead
within the team and is jointly accountable for coaching and
mentoring with Manager of other team members. Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10+ years of software engineering and/or
- Mastery level knowledge of infrastructure and software
engineering, agile methodology, and program/portfolio
- Mastery understanding of cloud software, infrastructure,
integration and operational ecosystems and product knowledge.
- Systematic problem solving approach. Consistently offers
recommendations to technical teams based on historical events,
personal experience and knowledge.
- Capable of decision making and Leadership without
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as
negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence
senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the
organization. We're designing a better way to work, so you can
achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the
'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by
DiversityInc-- as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP
works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help
their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash
their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating
platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together
we can unlock a world of opportunity. At ADP, we believe that
diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment
opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information,
creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful
alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected
veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates
excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability,
and job performance.
Keywords: ADP, Pasadena , Principal System Reliability Owner, Other , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!