Security-K9 Handler- Full Time
Company: Disney Parks And Resorts
Posted on: February 12, 2020
The Canine Handler Team provides a safe and secure environment
for the Disneyland - Resort and is a responsible for walking
throughout the Resort areas, in onstage and backstage locations
providing security functions along with their K9 partner, focusing
on excellent conflict resolution skills while balancing the
importance of providing great Guest Service.
The starting rate for K9 Handlers is $22.25 per hour.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate Safety as a primary focus
- Demonstrate integrity
- Walking frequently for an extended periods of time, in both
indoor and outdoor environments and in all weather conditions.
- Performs Guest screening and K9 searches of vehicles,
buildings, open areas and unattended items.
- Responsible for caring for their canine partner, including
bathing, feeding and conducting kennel maintenance.
- Respond to critical incidents including emergencies,
evacuations, Company policy violations, and work with law
- Act as a deterrent to undesirable behaviors and actions
- Able to perform hotel evacuation procedures
- Utilize specialized training and methodologies, to identify
potential indicators of unusual and suspicious conduct.
- Exhibit exceptional Guest Service skills.
- Continuous positive interaction with all individuals (e.g.
Guest, Cast Members, Vendors, Op Participants, etc.)
- Maintain situational awareness at all timeBasic Qualifications
- 2 years of previous K9 Handler experience
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this
- You must have a current California Driver License to be
considered for this role
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Proprietary Private Security
Officer licensing through the State of California
- You must have no moving violations for the past twelve (12)
- Must meet the physical demands, including but not limited
- Prolonged standing for two to three hours at a time
- Constant standing and walking
- Constant use of hands
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency, including typing
skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer
- Must have 2 weeks of full availability for trainingPreferred
- Previous Security, Law Enforcement, Military or related Public
- Previous security responsibilities for a multi-site campus
building (either corporate or college setting)
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week,
including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferredAdditional Information : SCHEDULE
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days
a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may
end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the
principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking "Apply for this job" below, the employment
application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of
the application by clicking "Next" on each page, then "Submit" on
the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly
Keywords: Disney Parks And Resorts, Pasadena , Security-K9 Handler- Full Time, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!