Company: ACCO Brands
Posted on: April 2, 2021
All existing jobs are posted on our website. If you don't see
anything you have an interest in, we encourage you to check back
regularly. Click the link below to find out more and apply today!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our--Pasadena, San
Diego--or Commerce Offices!-- Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered
Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the
country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to
design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical
projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication,
installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial
HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building
automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise
office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor
fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant---ACCO
can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to
meet your needs Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger.
Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live,
and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+
years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking
for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us,
check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events. The
project manager is expected to use judgment and discretion in
representing the company. He/she is expected to show a high level
of commitment and involvement with his/her work and the company's
business. WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Project Management
- The Project Manager is the single-source responsibility to ACCO
and the customer.
- Perform all project management functions required to promote
and finalize sales including concept engineering, complete
estimates, written proposals, direct meetings, to successful job
- Successful management of contracts, including sales,
estimating, procurement, and execution
- Scheduling of field labor and installation sequencing.
- Understand financial aspects of the job
- Forecasting, prepare budget projection and control costs within
- Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders,
strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal
- Billing, knowing job costs
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external
- External - leadership of client meetings and development of
contracts to finalize sales. Maintain cordial relationships with
all clients, including vendors, subcontractors and the
- Internal - Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of
all ACCO departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing,
Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in
a timely manner.
- Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to
advance ACCO's technical abilities in engineering, planning and
estimating, installation procedures, etc.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers
- Consult with appropriate ACCO personnel including all
Management and Department Heads.
- Attend all ACCO Project Management Sales and Construction
- Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings with
department heads and supervisors.
- Utilize internal resources to the fullest extent
- The Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from all
departments, as needed, for each project. During the life of a
project, the Project Manager manages and supervises employees
assigned to the project.
- Mentoring - act as a mentor to others, actively participate in
recruiting, training, coaching
- Other duties and special assignments as directed by upper
management to accomplish mutually agreed-upon goals. WHAT ARE WE
LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in estimating, design, and management of
HVAC projects from $50,000 to $25+ million
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities,
employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a
high volume of issues.
- Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or
community-based organization. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical
demands described herein are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job
walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder
height to access storage cabinets and shelves. WHAT'S IN IT FOR
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment
of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit
from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
- Professional Development Programs - Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
opportunities. ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D. We
proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply. ACCO will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories for employment. At this time, ACCO is unable to
provide visa sponsorship
Keywords: ACCO Brands, Pasadena , Project Manager, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!