Sr. Electrical Facilities Engineer (SFOF Associate Manager)
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Sr. Electrical Facilities Engineer (SFOF Associate Manager)
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source
solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of
federal, state, local and other government organizations. By
combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best
practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to
reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to
achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects
and long-term value.-- EMCOR Group, Inc., is ranked #1 "World's
Most Admired" in the Engineering and Construction Industry for 2018
by Fortune--. For 10 consecutive years EMCOR has been named amongst
the Top 5 "World's Most Admired" Companies. Job Title:--Sr.
Electrical Facilities Engineer (SFOF Associate Manager) Job
Summary: EMCOR Government Services has a great opportunity to join
our team as an Electrical Engineer/Manager at the prestigious NASA
Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) - one of many premier facilities
that are managed & maintained by EGS & the EMCOR Group companies.
Located in Pasadena, CA - just north of Los Angeles - you'll work
in the picturesque setting along the foothills of the San Gabriel
mountains. The project is approx. 3 million SF with more than 200
buildings on campus. The Sr. Electrical Facilities Engineer must be
experienced in operating Energy Management Control Systems and have
HVAC / Electrical experience. During non-core hours the Sr.
Electrical Facilities Engineer will interact with JPL customers
when there are SFOF, BAS (Building Automation System), and
mechanical issues on the JPL site. The JPL facility operates 24/7
365 days a year. The Sr. electrical Facilities Engineer will
provide additional SFOF (Space Flight Operations Facility) support
and be on call during the non-core business hours. The Sr.
Electrical Facilities Engineer will share that responsibility with
the SFOF Manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:--
- Provides oversight of EMCOR's SFOF support group, with a 24/7
site-wide after-hours trouble call "first responder"
- Directly supervises (10) SFOF Stationary Engineers that are
spread across 3 shifts 7 days a week.
- Responsible for on-boarding, and training curriculums for all
existing and new staff.
- Responsible for a SFOF local operating procedures, including
the annual review and revisions.
- Is the back-up for the SFOF Manager as the primary point of
contact for interfacing with JPL and SFOF personnel for scheduling
and coordination of preventative maintenance and outages of all
SFOF electrical and mechanical equipment and site wide electrical
banks and substations.
- Supports the SFOF Manager with outage coordination and
restoration, including responding to all plant wide electrical
emergencies or abnormal conditions.--
- Responsible for timely close out all SFOF NCRs, RCFAs, Near
Misses, and CARs.
- Responsible for representing EMCOR SFOF group at necessary
meetings with JPL (Jet Propulsion Lab) personnel.
- Ensures day-to-day preventive maintenance and repairs for the
Space Flight Operations Facility's (B230 and B264) are performed
on-time and meet all JPL contract deliverables.
- Ensures that the SFOF Team maintains plant operations logs, and
performs daily and weekly rounds in bldgs. 230 and 264.
- Supports and ensures SFOF BAS / PCC (Power Control Console)
Operator are initiating Flash Reports for all critical equipment
breakdowns and Facility Infrastructure interruptions.
- Provides field updates to EMCOR Management and JPL key
customers when critical repairs are made and or when Facility
Infrastructure was restored.
- Ensures the Stationary Engineer (PCC Operators and Rovers) are
addressing all critical B230 and 264 equipment issues and BAS
- Coordinate additional staffing/resource requirements through
BAS / PCC Operator on-site (during non-core hours) to handle
emergencies beyond the capabilities of on-site staff. May also be
required to interface directly with other Managers / Supervisors
(i.e. Program Manager, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager,
SFOF Manager / Supervisor and Leads) as required to address
- Recommend operational improvements and communicate system
events to SFOF Supervisor regarding the condition of buildings 230
and 264 during core hours.
- Work with the MRO group to provide vendor quotes, and
information for ordering material. Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with managing technicians
- Experience with operating and monitoring Power Control System
for Emergency Power
- 5 years equivalent working experience required with
demonstrated understanding of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and
- Related certification(s) from an accredited institution or
technical trade school.
- Must possess knowledge of operation, maintenance practices,
procedures, work methods, materials, equipment, and tools to
operate and maintain the systems.
- Must have knowledge of computer operations and application
pertinent to their field (CMMS, Microsoft applications and
- Strong interpersonal skills and good customer service
- Ability to read and write in the English Language.
- Valid CA driver's license.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, pay
attention to detail, be dependable, and be a team player.
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to meet customer critical
missions. We offer our employees a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for
individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to
our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer -
Veteran/Disabled. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Pasadena , Sr. Electrical Facilities Engineer (SFOF Associate Manager), Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!