Equipment Specialist (Millwright)
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced
single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical
needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations.
By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best
practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to
reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to
achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects
and long-term value. Job Title: Equipment Specialist ( Millwright)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has a great opportunity to
join our team as a Equipment Specialist (Millwright) at the
prestigious NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) - one of many
premier facilities that are managed & maintained by EGS & the EMCOR
Group companies. Located in Pasadena, CA - just north of Los
Angeles - you'll work in the picturesque setting along the
foothills of the San Gabriel mountains. Come to work for a company
that is ranked #1 "World's Most Admired" in the Engineering and
Construction Industry for 2019 by Fortune-- and that has been named
amongst the Top 5 "World's Most Admired" Companies for 11
consecutive years. The Equipment Specialist will be responsible for
the maintenance and repair inclusive of dismantling, repairing,
maintaining and installing heavy equipment on the site. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of motors up to 100HP.
Disassembly and replacement of motor bearings.
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of pumps. Disassembly and
replacement of mechanical shaft seals and impellers.
- Aligning and balancing equipment, selecting standard tools,
equipment and parts to be used. Rigging heavy equipment to remove
for repair or replacement.
- Maintenance, cleaning, and repair of cooling towers to ensure
systems are operating at peak performance.
- Maintenance and repair of sewage ejection/lift stations.
- Installing and maintaining in good order power transmission
equipment such as drives and speed reducers.
- Responsible for the completion of all PM and record keeping
assigned to his/her areas of responsibility.
- May perform equivalent or lesser skilled job classifications as
required to meet customer requirements (i.e. Carpentry, GMW,
- Performs maintenance on assigned utility carts.
- Work with the MRO group to specify, provide vendor quotes, and
information for ordering material. Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years related experience.--
- Requires a rounded training and experience in the Millwright
trade acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent
training and experience.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and customer service
- Must be job safety oriented and work flexible schedule.
- Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders
and work at various heights.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good customer service
- Ability to read and write in the English Language
- Valid CA driver's license
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, attention to
detail, dependable, be a team player
- Provide own hand tools
- Perform other duties assigned and as required
- Must be willing to submit to a drug screen/background
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary. We
offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and
skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Pasadena , Equipment Specialist (Millwright), Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!