Company: ACCO Brands
Posted on: April 11, 2021
All existing jobs are posted on our website. If you don't see
anything you have an interest in, we encourage you to check back
regularly. Click the link below to find out more and apply today!
We are looking for a Buyer, Production to join our Pasadena Office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant---ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs Here at ACCO, we are a part of something
bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences,
L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been
around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we
are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more
about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and
events. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of
Purchasing, this position performs standard duties in assisting the
activities of the purchasing function of the organization. WHAT
DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Negotiate price of goods and services
- Procure various goods and services for multiple locations
- Manage costs to identify areas of potential cost reduction and
analyze the impact of pricing changes for goods and services
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials
used on a regular basis
- Execute AIA agreements
- Write purchase orders for capital expenditures
- Communicate with vendors and ACCO employees to issue purchase
orders for departmental needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Proficient-plus level user of MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills, both over the
phone and in-person
- Able to work effectively and professionally in a team
- Strong business writing skills, including the use of proper
grammar and terminology.
- While previous purchasing position experience is preferred, it
is not required.
- Able to demonstrate high customer service skills
- Able to organize large amounts of information
- Must be goal-oriented and meet deadlines PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job
walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder
height to access storage cabinets and shelves. WHAT'S IN IT FOR
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment
of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit
from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
- Professional Development Programs - Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
opportunities. ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D. We
proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply. ACCO will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories for employment. At this time, ACCO is unable to
provide visa sponsorship.
Keywords: ACCO Brands, Pasadena , Buyer, Production, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!