Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Healthy individuals need healthy communities, and healthy
communities need healthy people to thrive.
Within Kaiser Permanente's Community Health department, we are
working to improve the conditions for health and equity in the
community by addressing the root causes of health, such as economic
opportunity, affordable housing, safe and supportive schools, and a
healthy environment. We are committed to providing high-quality
care, improving access to care, and addressing the inequities,
structural racism, and injustices that have marginalized our most
vulnerable populations, including those hardest hit by
The Lead Consultant will provide strategic and tactical support to
highly visible and complex efforts to plan, launch and scale
initiatives that address the social determinants of health needs of
our patients, members and communities. Our Community Health
strategy depends on strong community partnerships above all, but
also highly effective project management, communications, and
impact evaluation. This role will provide critical overall
coordination of multiple initiatives, working across national,
regional and local internal departments, and in collaboration with
leading community organization partners.
Provides leadership for the delivery of high quality and
cost-effective consulting services/ products to issues of key
organizational importance. Recognized content expert for technical
- Serves as the content expert of the responsible technical area
and provides technical assistance and advice.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design,
development, and implementation of programs related to the
- Expected to lead precedent-setting projects, never done before
in the department, facility, CA Division, service area or
- May lead a group of consultants, analysts or programmers
focused on the delivery of related service/products.
- Acts as a liaison with applicable government agencies,
regulatory agencies, other organizations and the media.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the
overall strategic direction of the department, facility, CA
Division, service area or region.
- Ensures that reports and information are accurate, timely and
consistent, and that they satisfy the clients' needs.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate
and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from
salaried to hourly pay status.
- Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is
given to affected employees.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in one of the technical
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health
care administration, operations research, public health
administration, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and
develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret
- Proven leadership skills in project management and
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP,
health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the
responsible technical area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience related to one or more key subject matter areas such
as community development, economic development, including workforce
development and small business financing, homeless response
systems, housing finance, school environments, social service
- Solid understanding of how social determinants of health impact
health and the role of structural racism in perpetuating
disparities in marginalized communities
- Demonstrated experience in working with civic/government
agencies and community-based organizations.
- Experience leading complex projects while also supporting other
leaders to advance program development; very detail oriented with
the ability to document, track and measure progress on multiple
projects and initiatives
- Ability to develop high-quality reports for management as well
as comfort in directly briefing senior leaders on progress and
PrimaryLocation : California,Pasadena,Walnut Center - Regional
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Consulting Services & Project/Program Management
Department : Regional Offices - CB Admin & Operation - 0801
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Lead Consultant, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!