Research Data Analyst - School Of Medicine
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Summary: The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of
Medicine, Office of Research and Scholarship (ORS), Research Data
Analyst for Research Support Services Team is responsible for
making strategic data-related decisions by evaluating data
processing, management, tracking and analysis as well as
dissemination of their work within a research environment. This
position reports to the ORS Senior Data Analyst for the Research
Support Services Team.The Research Data Analyst provides general
oversight and work direction to the staff who are facilitating the
data analysis and dissemination for the research and scholarly
projects for students and faculty consisting of varying complexity
in different areas of health-related research. Students and faculty
bear primary responsibility for conducting their own research and
scholarship, but this team provides appropriate guidance and staff
support to enable successful work to be undertaken.Essential
- Independently determines and implements appropriate measurement
and analytical methods to achieve specified analytical project or
- Exercises independent professional judgment regarding analysis
assumptions and data quality. Identifies and resolves data quality
issues, as required.
- Coordinates the work of other project team members (librarian,
statisticians, project managers, and other data analysts) to
accomplish specified analytical project or task objectives.
- Determines the most informative approaches to summarizing data
and communicating analytical results. Develops, as required,
innovative or customized templates and formats.
- Implements specified quality assurance procedures to ensure
accuracy of project data, results, written reports, and
- Designs and creates written reports and presentation materials
describing project objectives, methods, data, and results.
- Given project or task data requirements, determines the most
efficient approach to data collection and validation and works
independently to obtain needed data from KP HealthConnect
information systems (e.g. Clarity).
- Trains and coaches less-experienced healthcare data analysts on
data retrieval techniques, programming practices, and statistical
analysis and data visualization methods in the context of specific
- Specifies project quality assurance reviews and tests based on
project characteristics and requirements. Provides guidance to
other healthcare data analysts regarding the implementation of such
QA reviews and tests.
- Develops detailed measurement and reporting specifications
based on project characteristics and requirements provide by
project leadership. Provides guidance to other healthcare data
analysts regarding the implementation of such specifications.
- Applies analytic knowledge, skills and experience to perform
project-related work, complete specific project tasks, and create
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Research Data Analyst - School Of Medicine, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!