Company: ACCO Engineered Systems
Posted on: November 13, 2023
ACCO Engineered Systems Chiller Technician positions are dispatched
through the union locals. We encourage you to apply if you are
interested in joining the union for this role!
Under the direction of an assigned Facility Services Area
Supervisor,the Chiller Technician is responsible for completing
routine service maintenance and the repair, of Centrifugal chillers
and Screw chillers, and all related mechanical equipment in central
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Performing the duties required on a variety of systems related to
the company's business. Collaborating as necessary with Project
Managers, Project Engineers, and colleagues to complete your
- Provide technical support/service to ACCO's large tonnage
- Support the office with recommended repairs from delivery to
- Will be required to be part of the "On Call" rotation per the
local CBA "Overtime Service Calls."
- Ensure completion of maintenances within the scheduled month
and allotted time.
- Attend monthly Safety/Team meetings that keep Service
Technicians informed on policy and procedures, performance and
goals of the company.
- Manage two-hour rule and communication with Dispatcher and
customers when approaching maximum trouble shoot time.
- Ensure compliance for safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all quotes provided to your customers are followed
- Work directly with Chiller Field Supervisor on new and existing
customer opportunities or issues.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the HVAC
Supervisor or other appropriate administrator.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE REQUIRE?
- Extensive HVAC large tonnage field knowledge with minimum 3-5
years' service field experience.
- OEM Experience or Factory Training is a plus.
- Be able to perform routine chiller preventive maintenance
- Strong background performing centrifugal chiller overhaul
- Troubleshooting of chiller control panels, routine mechanical
and electrical for chillers.
- Extensive Safety knowledge and training with minimum 5 years
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills a plus.
- Ability to organize and plan daily responsibilities
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch,
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals, field
construction workers, engineering, project managers, service
technicians, and supporting staff who collaborate together and make
ACCO Engineered Systems and Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
This position is for signatory employees and wages will be in
alignment with the current Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Keywords: ACCO Engineered Systems, Pasadena , Chiller Technician, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!