General Service Manager
Company: ACCO Engineered Systems
Posted on: November 16, 2023
General Job Description:
The General Service Manager position is in the Pasadena Corporate
office. The General Service Manager will have responsibility for
union field labor in the Facilities Service Department of the
Southern Region and includes; ensuring that the field is adequately
staffed company policies and procedures are adhered to, field
technicians are receiving training both technical and safety;
quality work is being performed; the field is productive as it
pertains to labor hours; the composite labor mix is managed so the
company can remain competitive.
This individual is directly responsible for all union mechanical
service technicians in the Facility Service Group - Southern
Region. This labor force of approximately 200 field technicians is
comprised of multiple Supervisors, Foremen, Journeymen,
Apprentices, Mechanical Equipment Servicemen (MES), and Mechanical
Equipment Service Tradesmen (MEST).
It is the Manager's ultimate responsibility for the quality and
timeliness of field documentation, safe execution of maintenance,
repair and retrofit work performed by the above field
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate field staffing levels to meet the work
load requirements in all areas insuring the highest productivity
- Management of the Southern Region Facility Service site safety
- Maintain a composite labor mix of Journeymen, Apprentices, MES,
MEST so as to be competitive in each market place.
- Insuring that all employees when necessary are counseled in a
timely, consistent and fair manner.
- Maintain and update Policy and Procedure Manual for Facility
Service field personnel.
- Ensure that monthly Safety Meetings agendas are created,
distributed to Supervisors and that each field technician meets
with his / her supervisor to discuss the safety topics.
- Manage, plan, schedule, and conduct semi-annual safety meetings
with Safety Department; assist the safety / insurance department
with the investigation of vehicle job site accidents and injuries
and mechanical division job site accidents and property
- Review GPS reporting to recognize good drivers and counsel
those with poor driving behavior and review mileage report,
odometer reading and assist fleet manger in yearly vehicle
- Review various reports daily/weekly/monthly to evaluate
productivity and efficiency throughout the department, using key
metrics to address and improve performance
- Communicate with counterparts in Northern Region and all
Southern Region Supervisors about workloads, problem jobs and other
- Mentor staff in job productivity, and job
- Perform yearly annual review of all Southern Region Area
- Handle customer complaints as required and meet with customers
- Interface and assist Service and Construction Sales
- Assist in problem solving, conflict resolution and bill
collecting with consistency and timeliness.
- Periodic job site visits to insure quality work is being
- Interface with Systems Operations to assist in meeting
workloads and resolving construction warranty issues.
- Determine what technical training and customer service training
is needed and facilitate as needed.
- Always be looking for new or innovative technologies that could
give ACCO an edge over the competition.
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, Education,
Certifications, Licenses, etc.):
- 10 years minimum hands on field experience
- 5 years additional experience as a field foreman or field
- Strong technical background in the HVAC / Refrigeration field,
including the ability to teach others.
- A proven track record of bringing HVAC retrofit projects in or
- Ability to stand in front of an audience and conduct a
- Proficiency in written communication both e-mails and
- Selling experience in a service and retrofit
- Union - be involved in the local union either teaching at the
union training center or through serving on one of the trusts or
- Well-developed interviewing and performance assessment
- Proven effectiveness and understanding of ACCO Engineered
Systems procedures preferred.
- 4 years experience in Supervisory role at ACCO Engineered
- Effective Communication
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, type, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit;
- Tele-commuting is not permitted
- Regular and routine attendance is required
- The individual in this position must be physically willing and
able to visit jobsites, climb ladders to reach rooftops and above
- This position requires regular visits to outlying offices in
the Southern Region
This position is for signatory employees and wages will be in
alignment with the current Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Keywords: ACCO Engineered Systems, Pasadena , General Service Manager, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!