Supply Chain Engineer
Company: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Job ID: 10369
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world.
That's our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search
the universe for answers-literally. We build upon ideas that have
guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire
generations to come. Your mission-your opportunity-is to seek out
the answers that bring us one step closer. If you're driven to
discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and
beyond, you're ready for JPL.
As a Supply Chain Engineer II you will be working in JPL's Flight
Hardware Logistics Group, providing flight hardware warehouse and
logistics support for JPL missions. You will report to the Group
Supervisor of the Flight Hardware Logistics Program and work with a
talented group of technicians to design and implement creative
warehouse and operations strategies, ultimately contributing to JPL
Some Challenges You Will Tackle:
- Work directly with project teams to capture residual flight
hardware, ensuring proper storage, handling, and documentation for
allocation to future missions.
- Negotiate and document flight hardware transfers between JPL
- Assist project proposals in selecting flight hardware for use
on future JPL missions.
- Design and implement new inventory management strategies,
recommending solutions that further enhance value for JPL.
- Bridge the gap between daily business operations and
engineering / IT groups at JPL to yield the best business solutions
that incorporate technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Use your creativity to identify, develop, and lead continuous
improvement initiatives within the group on an on-going basis.
- Analyze group metrics and make recommendations to solve
challenging day-to-day operational issues.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or STEM discipline
from an accredited university, with 3+ years of related supply
chain experience; or Master's degree in similar discipline with 1+
year related experience.
- In-depth understanding of complex principles, theories, and
techniques in inventory management, project management,
procurement, logistics and/or supply chain management.
- Ability to work independently on key projects and assignments
with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no
- Demonstrated success in leading teams to deliver impactful
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in
evaluating potential approaches and solutions to significant
problems and determining appropriate resolutions.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP/EAM systems (Oracle, SAP, JD
- General understanding of operational budgets and their
application to inventory and service center processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Got These? Even Better:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant STEM discipline
with 3+ years supply chain experience in the aerospace, technology,
or electronic hardware fabrication environments OR Master's Degree
in similar disciplines with 1 year experience in the aerospace,
technology, or electronic fabrication environment.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the coordination and
prioritization of tasks that involve multiple customers/projects
with potentially different requirements and constraints.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and
procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government
- Being a part of a team of passionate and dedicated explorers of
the universe with some of the world's best capabilities in science,
technology, and engineering, working on one of a kind space
missions and projects.
Ability to Obtain Work Authorization
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include
for employment members of underrepresented minority groups,
females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise
qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and
promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure
equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO
is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules
imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of
designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of
the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The Designated Countries List is available at
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet
Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an
accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human
Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive,
Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109
Keywords: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena , Supply Chain Engineer, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!